Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Drew,

You promised the SAS community that you'd address the permaban issue this week. So, with all due respect to the community, what say ye? What is the verdict: No more permabans? Perhaps instituting Perfectionist's panel program? Today is the last day of the week, so what are the changes? :)

One's word is one's honor after all... :b

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I'm not against permabanning, but I think discussing it with two or more mods would be a good idea. The socially anxious defense is kind of a double-edged sword. You want to protect people since a lot of us are in a sensitive state, but that also means being more strict which means the probability for breaking the rules will be higher. Sometimes the permabans are questionable, but a lot of times I think it's warranted.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, for "true trolls" permabans are warranted. Still, prolonged bans are a good solution too. Ah, decisions, decisions...

Hopefully, the community will be given its due respect. Some may think I'm being "fuzzy" by saying this, but is this not a place of healing and support? Only time and Drew's courage and integrity will tell!

·
On me "toes"
1,486 Posts
Look forward to these changes.:)

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wonderful! :boogie

Thanks so much!!!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is there any change for the long time members who have been banned because of old policy? I'll be the first to admit some of banned members, especially in the S&C section used to get under my skin. But in all fairness they did offer interesting perspective on there beliefs regarding certain topics.

I do miss some of the banned members whether or not I agreed with there "opinions" or even if they flamed some of mine.......

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
by the way fellas - thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts