Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Where do you think it comes from? The fear of the criticism and judgment? Why are we afraid of looking stupid?

I'm also afraid of looking stupid, sounding stupid so my comfort level isn't anywhere near as it is when i'm alone

my guard is up around people, moreso than running into a wild animal i think

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
random thought

doing the things I do around people i'm very apt on trying not at times to look negative

around certain people i see myself trying to hold still, telling myself to keep it together because i don't want to do something considered "bad" around these people

where did i learn that certain behavioral actions were considered bad? if i was naive or just ignorant to such actions i wouldn't even worry in the first place but over time i guess past memories accumulated, i have so much built into me that i'm making sure i don't do certain things

that all doesn't help with the issue though or does it? if i randomly do something like flail my arms, people would look at me strangely but why the fear of their reactions in the first place....what exactly is being hurt by their odd gazes or something they might say....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.