Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I'm currently taking Trileptal. While the different isn't like night and day, I do feel a little bit better about my outlook in life. I'm not taking anything else and I have actually taken a break from smoking weed at night for a couple of days too. Maybe my new pdoc is onto something. Or maybe it's a combination of seeing a new therapist that's more pro-active in doing exposure type of exercises.

Before this, I started off with Nardil and took that for about a year. I couldn't stand the side-effects and moved on to Parnate for another year or so. The MAOIs worked well at first, but it seemed to level off the longer I was on it. That's my experience anyway. Just wanted to post about it.

·
Banned
1,376 Posts
IMO nardil and parnate are too dangerous to be used as other than a last resort after many other antidepressants have been tried and failed

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not really that dangerous. My new pdoc even took some lab works including EKG while I was still on parnate and the results showed I was a pretty healthy person. I still think it's a helpful drug for others, it just wore out its usefulness for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts