Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL! I knew this thread would sound weird.

Right, so what I'm thinking of doing is adding supplements with Mirtazapine to help with my SA and depression. Part me also thinks that I may just quit the Mirtazapine now the withdrawal is over from Effexor because I don't really feel like it's making much difference - except now being free of apathy from Effexor.

Currently I am taking L-tyrosine which seems to work ok, it makes me feel quite energetic, focused and enthusiastic for about 2 hrs then it stops - this is while at 1,000mg.

I don't really take anything else, but I was thinking of Ephedrine for energy and helping me in my workouts, because right now, I can't help but stuff my face on Mirtazapine which isn't helping (not sure about the interaction it may have either). Also, thinking of using Melatonin for helping me sleep at night as Mirtazapine is doing jack all at getting me to sleep now (again not sure the interaction this might have with Mirtazapine).

If I do go down the route of quitting Mirtazapine, I might go down the route of St John's Wort / 5-HTP as a natural anti-depressant.

Basically I just want to feel more energised and happy in general. All the SSRI/SNRIs have made me feel lazy and apathetic, and in general created a depression within those side-effects. Mirtazapine is just, I don't know... I don't have the side-effects of SSRI/SNRIs but I do have one regarding the increased appetite. Other than that, I don't really feel like it's doing anything at all - it's really hard to tell.

Anyway, hopefully you guys can offer me some advice

Thanks

·
Registered
345 Posts
Vitamin B supplements (essential for converting amino-acids into neurotransmitters)
Omega-3 Fishoil (helps with the above, improves memory)
Magnesium-glycinate/taurinate (also essential for converting amino-acids into neurotransmitters, take 600 - 900 mg / day, divided into 3-4 doses)
Zinc (also essential, especially for dopamine afaik - you want that, 50mg/daily should be enough)

Increase the amount of neurotransmitter precursors you take, like Tyrosine, Tryptophan, etc. For example: start eating wallnuts as a snack.

Take some extra vit b3 (Niacinamide), no more than 500mg / day. It works kind of like a benzodiazepine (though slightly less potent).

There's a whole lot of other stuff that you can add, but if you want to keep it relatively simple, be sure to include those.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's worth a try, but I really don't know the interactions with Mirtazapine and some of those vitamins. I think I might just come off Mirtazapine and experiment with them for a little while. I'm just totally fed up of medications at the moment. Unless I can get a med that's legal and available to me, or a doctor willing to prescribe, I don't see much point in me pursuing it any longer. Mirtazapine is literally the last medication I can use. The doctor I see doesn't want to use anything outside SSRI/SNRIs and Mirtazapine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts