Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...with my older sister, her two kids and her bf. They really want me to go live with them. My only problem is, I'd have to do things myself over there. My older sis doesn't drive (do to a phobia) so I'd have to drive everywhere. I'd also have to deal with my doctor/meds and all the other important stuff on my own out there. I know my sister will help me out if I need it, but I also think she'll push me to do everything by myself.

I'm just afraid of being alone out there.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hmm, I'm in a somewhat similar situation, sort of. I want to move to California (or somewhere warm on the west coast) after undergrad. I just don't like the small-town ******* feel of where I am, and I despise winter. I feel like I'm not going to find the things I want where I am now. But I'm so scared of being on my own. I'm 17, but I still feel like I'm 12 or something.

·
Banned
1,230 Posts
I don't how well you get along with your sister. But I think it's always great when family can help each other. From the sounds of it since she has a condition herself, she may be more likely to understand your predicament. I wish you the best.

And welcome to California! Where you gonna be living?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Go for it. Look at it as a chance to start fresh. Get a job and meet some new people. Get involved with things out there.

Making a major decision like that can be frightening, even if you know it's the right move. I moved from NY to FL a year ago and I just didn't know what to make of such a major life change. It turned out to be for the better, just like I hoped it would.

Good luck!

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't how well you get along with your sister. But I think it's always great when family can help each other. From the sounds of it since she has a condition herself, she may be more likely to understand your predicament. I wish you the best.

And welcome to California! Where you gonna be living?
We're pretty close I'd say. And thanks!

I'm gonna be moving to Orange County.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
So what is your situation now? Are you comfortable where you are at or do you need a change?

If it was me, I would go, but that's just because I hate where I live, lol.

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what is your situation now? Are you comfortable where you are at or do you need a change?

If it was me, I would go, but that's just because I hate where I live, lol.
I'm pretty comfortable where I'm at now. I'm living with my other sister right now and we're the closest. She helps me out a lot so she feels like a mom to me.

I really do wanna get out though. Yeah, I hate where I live too lol

YEAH!!!! im in Orange County !!!! :boogie:clap:boogie:clap:boogie:yes:yes:yes
OC is beautiful! I went there like 2 months ago and I felt so great out there.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Well, this would be a good excuse to start trying things on your own to see how it feels. If there is something major, then I'm sure your other sister will be willing to help you. You also have the beach and the ocean just a short drive away and that is a good relaxer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts