Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or something resembling a birthday party. It went alright although I think people got a little bored and a little tired near the end, but it was a really small gathering (4 people including me, and all of them people from work) so that's to be expected. And my parents were around, so, you know, things can't get THAT exciting.

But I just thought I would post that here because I generally don't have birthday parties and haven't had a birthday party since my 8th birthday.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
How was your anxiety? Are you good friends with your co-workers. I would prob freak out hanging out with people from work- I did it once but only cause I was really drunk.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How was your anxiety? Are you good friends with your co-workers. I would prob freak out hanging out with people from work- I did it once but only cause I was really drunk.
It was better than I thought it would be. I would have been a lot more anxious going to one of their houses.

I'm fairly good friends with them. I used to hang out with them a lot but I kind of stopped because my anxiety got too bad. I mainly did this party thing because I was tired of pushing them away.

I got only mildly drunk tonight whereas a few years ago I would have been completely plastered. That was a big step for me.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Awesome job, Pita. :boogie :boogie :boogie
I left you a Happy Birthday on your LA page. :(
I have to say Happy Birthday here, too! My birthday was last Saturday.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Happy birthday, Pita.

I had my 21st in Jan. About 15 people I didn't know, my 2 friends, and a stripper. It would have been really bad, but my brother-in-law (organizer) managed to get me really drunk before the "show". I really enjoyed myself in a way I couldn't sober.

It's good to see you didn't have to get drunk.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Happy Birthday Pita! :D

I'm so pleased for you that you got to celebrate your birthday with a gathering of people. It can be very lonely when you are alone for your birthday (as I well know).

Hope you had a good time :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts