Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the impossibly awkward first conversation with a doctor about having social anxiety symptoms?

·
Sternritter
964 Posts
Just be honest. Say you have social anxiety and you want to get rid of it. The doctor will ask a bunch of questions. Like i said be honest, the doctor isn't going to judge you.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Just be honest. Say you have social anxiety and you want to get rid of it. The doctor will ask a bunch of questions. Like i said be honest, the doctor isn't going to judge you.
Definitely this! I had to change doctors surgeries to one that I was more comfortable with especially in regard to it having a more permanent roster of the same Doctors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Doctors are there to help people with problems. They deal with all kinds of them.just realize they have heard of much crazier more unnormal problems than said.the doctor wont think nothing of u saying u have sa.he or she will just do whatever they can to help.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Doctors are some of the easiest people to tell Ive found because they mostly know what it is.. random other people Ive told dont even know SA is a thing and act odd... but doctors usually know exactly what it is and are really willing to help and give suggestions. They want to make your life better and get you healthier so just be completely honest and they may really be able to help you. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts