Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I move in to my dorm today, and quite frankly, I'm ****ing terrified. I suffer from health anxiety along with social anxiety, and I'm not feeling 100%, so couple that with the social anxiety and you can imagine how crushed I feel right now. I can't believe I'm leaving home; I'm going to miss everything so much. There's something seriously wrong with me, I'm going to be 19 soon and I'm sitting downstairs crying about going to COLLEGE? Good Lord.

I'm scared about meeting friends, I'm scared about being away from home. I seriously don't want to ****ing go today.. can anyone relate? I was packing up my stuff today and just totally broke down. I really needed to vent here, sorry for the language. I have no friends to talk to about this, since not even my best friends know about my anxiety.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think everybody on this site feels for you. You never feel happy or safe with sad, it makes you sad and depressed. Keep in touch with this site it helps me to keep going and I cry at night for far less and I am ashamed of myself for feeling sorry for myself, many others out there really share your pain. I wish I could help you cope.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your kind post. I just feel like a complete reject. I can foresee what's going to happen today. I move in, I hide in my shell all day, make no friends, and sit in my dorm room for the entirety of the night. This community seems wonderful though, I'm glad I found it.

·
Anthropophobia
290 Posts
I'm sorry =( I can relate. My social anxiety disorder was horrible when I went to a university so I know how you feel. My roommates that I lived with in my dorm treated me like I was invisible for most of the year and it was hard for me to even be in a classroom which led to me skipping some classes. What I can suggest at the moment is to start seeing a counselor at your university, I believe they should all be free when you're a student. Also, go to the student disability office and ask them if the school is able to make accommodations for you because of your social anxiety disorder and any other disorders you have. I know it's hard and it's scary, but the good thing is that you're not alone and I wish you the best. Good luck!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I move in to my dorm today, and quite frankly, I'm ****ing terrified. I suffer from health anxiety along with social anxiety, and I'm not feeling 100%, so couple that with the social anxiety and you can imagine how crushed I feel right now. I can't believe I'm leaving home; I'm going to miss everything so much. There's something seriously wrong with me, I'm going to be 19 soon and I'm sitting downstairs crying about going to COLLEGE? Good Lord.

I'm scared about meeting friends, I'm scared about being away from home. I seriously don't want to ****ing go today.. can anyone relate? I was packing up my stuff today and just totally broke down. I really needed to vent here, sorry for the language. I have no friends to talk to about this, since not even my best friends know about my anxiety.

Thanks for reading.
It's ok!!! I know exactly how you feel...it sucks.

I'm a college freshman, and the days leading up to move-in day I was a moody *****. I cried for the entire week. I wasn't having a very good week, either. My little cousins were in town and for some reason I was just so irritated.

I was supposed to make a follow-up call for a job that I applied for on-campus, and I was so stressed out that I started crying. Later that week I got an interview, but it backfired. The woman asked me if I wanted to do the interview before or after lunch and, not really thinking, I told her after lunch, so we scheduled for 1 pm. On the day of the interview, I arrived there before 1 pm, but she'd told me that my appointment was at 11 am and that she'd already hired someone. I was in tears--I was so embarrassed!!

I guess that wasn't really dorm-related, but I know how you feel about the anxiety. It's so damn frustrating.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm moving into my dorm away from home for the first time in a few weeks and I am scared to death. :( I hope it goes well for you though, just try to be friendly and talk to people as often as you can. Let us know what happens!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Hey not much else to say other then you are not the only one. People who don't have SA or any anxiety problems at all still get nervous about starting college. It's going to be a new place and new experience for EVERYONE. With that in mind, realize that you have an opportunity to start fresh - you can tell people what you want and don't tell them what you don't want them to know. Try your best to socialize with your roommate(s) and people you meet in the dorms/at class.

It's scary but I would love to go back and start college again - sans a few things. Basically this is your opportunity to be independent and have freedom - so use it wisely :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts