Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine started monday and so far ok. I've seen some familiar faces in one of my classes. CLasses have been short so that's cool. I've also found out I don't have to attend a discussion class for the whole semester cause not enought teacher assistants YAY!. And My dad drops me off at school so I get to be on time and then I take public transportation to go home. Thank goodness for the student Upass which lets me ride as many times in the busses and trains with out wasting money. Well I'll update on how things are going here at my Univ.

So what about everyone else????? :popcorn

·
Registered
43 Posts
School has been crazy for me!!! I started out at one school, and then I got accepted to my new school the next week. I actually got accepted a couple of hours before orientation. It seems more competitive and cold at this school, but its a lot more reputable than "old" school. I'm happy I got the opportunity to transfer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's been ok so far. A few mix ups with textbooks, but no biggie. I haven't gone to a class on campus since last fall and I haven't taken a class in the morning since fall of 03 so I have to get used to getting to the bus stop early enough so that I make sure I can get on the bus (it is REALLY crowded in the mornings). So far the toughest part is getting used to functioning when I'm tired :lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
ShyLight said:
Mine started monday and so far ok. I've seen some familiar faces in one of my classes. CLasses have been short so that's cool. I've also found out I don't have to attend a discussion class for the whole semester cause not enought teacher assistants YAY!. And My dad drops me off at school so I get to be on time and then I take public transportation to go home. Thank goodness for the student Upass which lets me ride as many times in the busses and trains with out wasting money. Well I'll update on how things are going here at my Univ.

So what about everyone else????? :popcorn
its been ok. i made 1 good friend and a few small talk friends and thats all..

ok something weird happend 2. this ***** that i had a fight with a few years ago i middle school was like EWWW look who it is when i passed and i gave her a "what is wrong with u look" when i noticed it was me but then i passed and listned well and she told her friend "she actually looks cute in that tank top with her hair up!" and i was like thinking (i knew it :banana ) :popcorn.. i wont take **** from her. inside she really does think i'm cool but those *****y preps are putting an act beside their friends

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm happy, happy, happy! Disaster struck (in the form of a breakup with my girlfriend) and I was forced to meet people or face misery. So I made a couple of friends and loads of acquaintances just in the past two days. They stop by my dorm room and visit once in awhile. We run into each other all over campus and chat a minute.

I also found that a good friend from last year is in one of my classes and she's started hugging me a lot. I was amazed to go to the next class and see my other really good friend in there-- she didn't see me so I left through the back entrance and surprised her at the front and she was so happy to have a friend there, it felt awesome. then she called me later that night to say she's going to transfer over to my other class that day. so now I have great friends in three classes. :love we'll see about tomorrow though....

I have a car this year and that's a plus, I can go buy crap whenever I feel like it. This semester's actually looking pretty good.

·
Super Beaver
8,033 Posts
2 weeks into the semester and I've already dropped one class, skipped another and haven't said a word to anybody.. starting the year off fabulously!! At least my programming class is awesome so that makes up for everything else :)

·
Allons-y!
2,011 Posts
I'm already overwhelmed by the work...yet I'm still on here :p I don't like half my classes.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So far have a lot of school work. classes r ok. Only made like 2 friends. Not like "realFriends" but u know like classmates friends.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I saw and talked to a few people I already knew, as for meeting anyone new, no such thing happened.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Already I've had to do 2 mini-presentations in my first week.
And then those stupid introductions.. it's my third year of highschool, we already know each other.
It. went. so. slow... I was so relieved when the weekend finally came.
Marketing consists mostly of presentations. We're actually going to have to go to other classrooms and conduct surveys and do presentations. I am not looking forward to that.
Oh, and I loathe my English class.
But Art and Anthro/socio/psych are ok. Luckily my art class is exactly the same as last year (same teacher, same students + a few, same classroom).

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
Friends- I met this one guy and hung out with him a couple times so far. The problem is I think he wants me as a gf, and I am sooo not attracted to him or his style of life, so I got a problem there. There is this one girl in Art that talked to me a couple times. She was telling me about her shyness. I hope she keeps talking to me.
Art-This is a looong tireing class, but there isn't much talking required so thats a plus.
Math-I'm worried about this class. Its way harder than I expected, and I'm too scared to ask for help. Not much talking required.
Geol-I'm so quiet in this class. I'm worried he will pick up on it and knock me for not participating.
Psych-I love learning about psych, but again, too scared to say much in class.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.