Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
struggling writer
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won two VIP tickets to Epicenter 09. It's a festival in Pomona CA this Saturday. Tool, Linkin Park and Alice in Chains are headlining, Bands like Hollywood undead, Atreyu, Wolfmother and others will be there too.

Tool is my absolute favorite band, Linkin Park is my brother's.

I'll take some pictures and put them up here the next day.

Any body else going to this?

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Who's fronting AIC these days? I heard they were trying again, but I haven't really paid much attention because I'm probably just going to be disappointed.

P.S. - that show sounds like fun! What do the VIP cards get you?

·
struggling writer
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't even know AIC were sill together until I found out about this concert. So I don't know much about it, I have a bad feeling I'll be disappointed, but I'll be happy to see Tool and LP.

The VIP tickets get unlimited access to shade, VIP bar, VIP bathrooms and free food and drink.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
No, but I am really jealous. I love all of those bands!

·
SAS Member
939 Posts
I listen to a little Linkin Park now and then. I've been wanting to check out Alice in Chains lately. Can you recommend a good first AIC album to a new listener?

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I listen to a little Linkin Park now and then. I've been wanting to check out Alice in Chains lately. Can you recommend a good first AIC album to a new listener?
Dirt is a great album. I bought it when I was 13 and it scared the crap out of me. The government doesn't need anti-drug education, they just need to sit the kids down and make them listen to that album a few times in a row and none of them will even think about touching anything harder than beer. Down in a Hole and Angry Chair just rip your soul out and step all over it. Harrowing stuff.

Jar of Flies is great too, but all acoustic, so its got a different feel to it.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I heard the new AIC song yesterday on Octane/Sirius. Sounded pretty good. The vocals sound very similar to what they were putting out with Layne Staley, the harmonized sound with Jerry Cantrell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts