Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm turning 24 this weekend. this is the first time i've ever joined anything like this. It's the middle of the night and I just can't take it anymore. I'm so lonely and depressed and stuck. I only have one good friend in real life but shes so much like me that sometimes I wish i had someone else because she doesn't help my situation at all. I've made friends online over the years and they have all drifted away and stopped talking to me. I just wish I had someone to talk to. I did meet an amazing person this summer but seeing as I have a SAD, its impossible for me to talk much to him in person on like skype and so he really don't know what to say to me anymore and has found other people who are much more fun to talk to who actually talk. Sorry if this is confusing or rambling. I'm just feeling so alone right now. Lately I just start crying out of nowhere and just wonder what I ever did to deserve this.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome to SAS :) Ive got a tiny bit better since joining this site in January but I am still very quiet in social situations but I talk a little more than before suppose. Hope this site helps, :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hope this site offers the support that you're looking for. I get what it's like to feel lonely and start crying randomly, and I really do hope things get better for you.
Happy Birthday, by the way. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel like what you wrote is perfectly understandable, to the point it's something I would even write!

We can see all of these people around us full of joy, making friends, and having fun.

The problem with me (and I assume you), is that we depend on quality friendship. I suppose that by having more than one friend would lower the quality of each friendship, because of the spread of communication and consistency between them. I suppose that makes sense to some extent.

I to only have one person I consider a friend, everyone else is just a face with a little bit of character to them, I can live without them and vice-versa.
Unfortunately, this friend of mine sucks, I don't really enjoy his company, but because he understands me occasionally, I consider him somewhat special to me. Other than him, the closest people to me are the gas station staff who sell me gas, lol.

-----------

The world is empty if you have no one to care for you, and no one to care for.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
You are NOT alone!

First and most importantly is that there is NOTHING wrong with you ,period! you need to know that right now! You have a disorder and if your friends didnt stay in contact with you then they are NOT real friends in the first place! that it is why we have support groups and other avenues of help, are you on any form of pill for help? Have you disscussed the way your feeling with your doctor??? Have you sought out a theripist yet? This is a disorder that needs to be fought daily!!! NOT something thatwill just up and go away, you will need to work through your feelings and emotions on a daily basis. My doc just prescribed Klonopin and I am starting it today, I suggest you do some real hard research online and find your symptoms and find what might work for you, but dont give up it may take quite a few tries to find the right one,this will be my 4th one. So I know it is hard and life seems unfair but God NEVER gives us more than we can bear!! You are not alone and you may feel free to email me anytime at all to just talk or to vent out your fears and frustrastions.

Hi everyone. I'm turning 24 this weekend. this is the first time i've ever joined anything like this. It's the middle of the night and I just can't take it anymore. I'm so lonely and depressed and stuck. I only have one good friend in real life but shes so much like me that sometimes I wish i had someone else because she doesn't help my situation at all. I've made friends online over the years and they have all drifted away and stopped talking to me. I just wish I had someone to talk to. I did meet an amazing person this summer but seeing as I have a SAD, its impossible for me to talk much to him in person on like skype and so he really don't know what to say to me anymore and has found other people who are much more fun to talk to who actually talk. Sorry if this is confusing or rambling. I'm just feeling so alone right now. Lately I just start crying out of nowhere and just wonder what I ever did to deserve this.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hey I've made a lot of progress with my sa. My tips I would give myself when I just joined this time to speed up my recovery however would be; get diagnozed ASAP, tell someone (I told my mum), see a psychologist, get some medication if you are REALLY depressed, try therapy every day. And finally getting better isn't just about practicing your therapy its about improving yourself so strive to be the best you can be. Lose weight, eat healthy, exercise etc

by therapy i mean cbt i reccomend feeling good by david burns and the magnificent overcoming social anxiety by dr thomas richards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problem with me (and I assume you), is that we depend on quality friendship. I suppose that by having more than one friend would lower the quality of each friendship, because of the spread of communication and consistency between them. I suppose that makes sense to some extent.

I to only have one person I consider a friend, everyone else is just a face with a little bit of character to them, I can live without them and vice-versa.
Unfortunately, this friend of mine sucks, I don't really enjoy his company, but because he understands me occasionally, I consider him somewhat special to me. Other than him, the closest people to me are the gas station staff who sell me gas, lol.
I feel exactly the same way. I have one friend in person and love her to death but she suffers from SAD too which is why we get along so well, we're exactly alike. But she isn't the kind of person I need to feel good about myself because we end up arguing over who is lamer or stupider or more worthless so while she understands me, she doesn't exactly help me.

I did make an amazing friend this July who talked to me all summer but recently he's found a lot more people to talk to and be friends with and when I try instant messaging him hes distracted and said he just doesn't know what to say to me anymore and it hurts me so badly that he can post to strangers about everything and be friendly with everyone but doesn't even talk to me anymore much unless I try to drag it out of him. I easily get obsessed over people who pay attention to me and want a quality loyal and trustworthy friendship where that person is my #1 absolute favorite and best friend and he doesn't work that way I guess and it hurts so badly that he doesn't talk to me but apparently does with everyone else and skypes with all these people who are sort of strangers to him but are apparently way more interesting than me :(

Fare you on any form of pill for help? Have you disscussed the way your feeling with your doctor??? Have you sought out a theripist yet? This is a disorder that needs to be fought daily!!!
No I only recently realized I had a disorder and wasn't just 'shy'. All my life i've had trouble talking to people and really can't express anything to anyone unless I'm typing it. As you might imagine, that makes it really hard to talk to a doctor. I'm afraid of going to the doctors. Only if I'm really sick do I go. I can't even talk to my parents or family about stuff. the friend I mentioned above was helping me somewhat be able to talk about things I normally wouldn't and say how i feel about things but even then, my face is flushed red and I my stomach does summersaults and is turning knots and we're not even talking about anything that serious just like what we did this week or something. I also don't want my parents paying for something like that. I feel like such a financial burden to them living at home that I try not to buy anything or want anything from them since they paid for my college and piano lessons.

·
Registered
39 Posts
yes , just realize that SA is something you will probably have your whole life. If you guys are friends the fact that you have anxiety doesn't seem to bother that person. If you can accept your anxiety you wil be much better off.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey simba42 welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Simba42! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts