Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a girl to dinner yesterday for the first time in my life, I've gone on semi-dates and hungout with girls before but I've never actually asked a girl out to and taken her to dinner etc.

In the past I have had severe anxiety and problems even articulating anything etc when I'm around girls, but I'm happy to report that not only did I not feel anxiety before this date, I was actually happy/excited and in a great mood. The dinner went really well and she laughed at a lot of my jokes, we even ended up sitting and talking for over an hour after we were done eating!

One thing that helped is I have known this girl for awhile, so there was already familiarity there. I met her about three years ago and really liked her, but I blew my chances with her and she has had a boyfriend for the last 2.5 years, who she recently broke up with.

Now I just have to make sure I make it clear that I want to be more than friends with her. For the time being though I am just happy that I was able to have an anxiety free dinner and enjoy myself!

·
Staying positive
754 Posts
Good stuff man, sounds like she's into you. Continue to spit that game for sure and she'll be yours in no time.

Lol, then again if it doesn't work out, there are always other fish in the sea.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good stuff man, sounds like she's into you. Continue to spit that game for sure and she'll be yours in no time.

Lol, then again if it doesn't work out, there are always other fish in the sea.
Yea, I don't know how to "spit game" or show interest very well, that's always been my problem!

I always told myself though that if she broke up with this guy I was going to go all out...I feel like a lot of things fell into place for me to get this chance with her and I don't wanna lose it.

·
Staying positive
754 Posts
Yea, I don't know how to "spit game" or show interest very well, that's always been my problem!

I always told myself though that if she broke up with this guy I was going to go all out...I feel like a lot of things fell into place for me to get this chance with her and I don't wanna lose it.
Lol, I was kidding about that. Sounds like your doing fine to me man. Just don't put all your eggs in one basket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts