Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
one stop away
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made up my mind that this week i was going to not wear the baggy t-shirts I've become so accustomed to over the years and actually wear shirts designed for women. And I actually did it! Sounds like a crazy thing to be happy over, but I'm always kind of paranoid that I look bad. I still wore my sweater through most of it but a few times it was so warm, and I was ok to take the sweater off and sit in class without it.

And I talked to two of my classmates today on the way to class, but that was pretty awkward because it felt like I was just the third wheel and I had interjected myself in their group (that's what I kept thinking, maybe they didn't think I was a complete lonely loser for doing that) And it didn't really work, but it's something social that I usually don't do.

The biggest thing I did yet happened today. I'm in one of those literature discussion classes where you HAVE to speak up during discussion group because it's part of your grade. And I actually spoke up twice today. Even if I didn't really sound too good or what I said wasn't really interesting or pertinent. It's something.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's awesome!

Shirts designed for women really do make you feel prettier and more feminine.

Speaking up in your literature class is BIG! I took 2 literature classes and never spoke up in any of the discussions. I just sat and listened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.