Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so today my therapist set me some 'homework' and told me to ask as many people as I can this short little survey he made relating to going to interviews whilst having s.a. (a big issue for me) so, if any of you wouldn't mind answering a few questions I'd really appreciate it, and be as honest as you can. Thanks in advance to any who respond.
--------------------------
1) If an employer asked "Tell me about yourself?" what would you say?

2) Have you ever been stuck on a question in an interview? If yes, please give an example.

3) Have you ever messed up an interview? Give an example?

4) Before getting a new job how many interviews did you go for?

5) If you were giving an interview what would you think of someone who went blank on being asked a question?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Hey guys, so today my therapist set me some 'homework' and told me to ask as many people as I can this short little survey he made relating to going to interviews whilst having s.a. (a big issue for me) so, if any of you wouldn't mind answering a few questions I'd really appreciate it, and be as honest as you can. Thanks in advance to any who respond.
--------------------------
1) If an employer asked "Tell me about yourself?" what would you say?

I would tell them whatever they want to hear.

2) Have you ever been stuck on a question in an interview? If yes, please give an example.

Not ordinary interview questions because I'm prepared for whatever questions they are going to ask. I usually go on many interviews so after the first 2 interviews all the others basically ask the same questions.

3) Have you ever messed up an interview? Give an example?

Yes, my very first interview I didn't wear a suit like my mom suggested. The interviewer asked me, "Why aren't you wearing a suit?"

I've messed up plenty of interviews. It doesn't matter just as long you have plenty of interviews lined up. You'll mess some up and do well on others.

4) Before getting a new job how many interviews did you go for?

It usually takes me about 5 interviews to get 1 job. But sometimes I'll get multiple offers.

5) If you were giving an interview what would you think of someone who went blank on being asked a question?

I actually interview people. I try to calm then down if they're nervous. But I wouldn't hire anyone who went blank and couldn't recover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1) I would say a very brief introduction about myself - in my case, I'd probably say something like "I'm a hard working Psychology graduate who is looking to gain experience in the ________ sector" It mightn't be the best but I usually don't get too hung up on this question.

2) Yes, plenty of times! Generally it would be on something more specific rather than the general "Why do you want this job?" kinda questions. When I went for an interview for a pensions admin position - I was asked what was in the news relating to pensions and I just froze!

3) Yes!! I messed up the same interview I mentioned in 2) but on my first interview I was horrendously underprepared and I also didn't realise I had to do a few tasks as well, it wasn't just an interview. Safe to say it went horribly!

4) Em....it depends, but I probably went on close to 10 before I got my current job.

5) I would understand because I know what its like, but it may put me off hiring somebody if they couldn't recover from a certain question for example.

Hope this helps :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts