• Being stuck behind someone driving very slowly

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Having someone driving an inch from your rear bumper

Votes: 54 78.3%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Powering through.
1,799 Posts
Slow drivers. Tailgaters don't bother me at all.

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
Slow drivers are OK because they are easy to overtake and overtaking is fun. The worst thing about slow-drivers is when one pulls out in front of you just before a really awesome stretch of road which is just a bit too twisty and turny to overtake, or which is almost completely straight but the traffic in the opposite direction is really busy.

Tailgaters make me want to fit my car with that 'tombstone' thing off of Death Race and ditch a few tons of cast-iron into their white-van driving asses.

In other news, most irritating road vehicles in descending order:

1. Cyclists
  2. Buses
  3. Caravans
  4. White Van (venn!) men
  5. The chav in the 'modded' citroen saxo, not because of his sh*tty driving but his taste in music - or rather, lack of it - being rammed into your ears through the walls of your house/car at 3am by some sort of rap-trebuchet concealed in the boot.

559 Posts
A tough one. Both can be equally annoying sometimes. The bigger risk/annoyance come with tailgaters though, because who the heck would want them risking scratching the back or your car or leaving a bad dent back there, or worse, in a bad scenario.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Having someone on my bumper magically turns me into a slow driver.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Definitely tailgaters. I now no longer put up with someone riding up my trumpet so I slow to about 20 under the limit and it usually gives them the idea and they back off.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Tailgaters annoy me them most because I encounter them more. But I always slow down even more when I see a car getting too close to me, after a while they get the hint and they start to give me some space, and then I will drive faster again. Bu I always slow down with tailgaters.

·
Powering through.
1,799 Posts
Most tailgaters aren't even tailgaters. Just overly paranoid drivers thinking someone's riding their ***. That's my experience with drivers who complain about tailgaters.

·
Powering through.
1,799 Posts
That's a nonsense definition. The only defensible definition is the following distance that doesn't allow for time to react. Drivers aren't mind readers.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
There wouldn't be so many tailgaters if there weren't so damn many slow drivers.
I especially hate when you're behind somebody at a stoplight and they take ten minutes to get up to the speed limit and by that time the next light has changed.:mum

1 - 20 of 47 Posts