Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is where you wake up and can not move. Also I have been asleep in a room with a light on, and I wake up and cant move, and I hallucinate(not because of drugs!) I have had my arm start floating and a picture of Jesus at my grandmas house was laughing at me, seriously! It is pretty freaky but usually only lasts a few seconds to 30 seconds. It is because your brain wakes up and your body is still dreaming. I have to jerk myself awake in my dream when this happens. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Sleep paralysis=astral projection? :con

·
A jagged pulse
310 Posts
yeah i had this a couple of times. my family is from the south and they call it "hag-rise" with mine i usualy felt someone in the bed with me or a loud stomping on my floor, like people running back and fourth, when this used to happen i used to say the lords prayer and then i would wake up scarey stuff:eek:

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've grown up all my life with sleep paralysis and have recently "grown" out of it, I think it's been 2 or 3 years since i've experienced an episode. It's just a common sleep disorder that through history has given rise to succubuses, aliens, astral projection, ghosts, reptoids, etc. The scariest one had time dilation it felt like years had passed through only seconds... it was very odd. Some scientist believe that the release of the psychadelic DMT is involved, but it's only a thoery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sleep paralysis=astral projection? :con
lol I personally don't see the 2 as the same thing. I've had both and for me, there's a difference. I haven't really looked into any of them in detail so maybe they are related in some way..at least in the terms of being both asleep and awake at the same time they are the same. :stu

1 - 10 of 10 Posts