Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SAS Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is hard for me to explain but let me try...

A lot of times when Im going to sleep and start to dose off (transient state where you are half asleep/half awake I suppose), I hear jumbled conversations or someone talking and can't make out what they are saying.
When I wake up of course the house is silent (I don't keep the radio or tv on or anything).
Its obviously me starting to dream. And if I can get past it without waking back up I sleep just fine through the night.

Anyone else have anything like this happen? Or am I just going insane? :fall

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
Ok so this is hard for me to explain but let me try...

A lot of times when Im going to sleep and start to dose off (transient state where you are half asleep/half awake I suppose), I hear jumbled conversations or someone talking and can't make out what they are saying.
When I wake up of course the house is silent (I don't keep the radio or tv on or anything).
Its obviously me starting to dream. And if I can get past it without waking back up I sleep just fine through the night.

Anyone else have anything like this happen? Or am I just going insane? :fall
I've gotten this both when waking and falling asleep, it is nothing special. It is most likely to occur if you are very tired or sleeping at unusual time, because this makes you more likely to fall directly into REM sleep (where dreams occur) rather than first enter the dreamless state of unconsciousness as you normaly would. The 'hallucinations' are simply the beginnings of dreams (the rest of which you may have no recollection of on waking) which you perceive while still halfway conscious. This phenomena is often co-morbid with sleep paralysis.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The same thing happens to me, except I see spiders... really freaky :afr

·
New mum to summer rose
1,875 Posts
you are not alone, i get this most nights and its hard to know if you are awake or asleep
its horrible when you have nightmares and they tend to manifest in your half awake state :s

·
Registered
442 Posts
The same thing happens to me, except I see spiders... really freaky :afr
Wow, that actually happened to me too only it was right before I fell asleep. I was dozing off and I saw this tarantula on the wall right next to me. I look at it long enough to see the colors and everything and then I sort of jumped up and race for the lights. I looked back and the wall/bed was empty.

I was super freaked out because I knew it hadn't been a dream. I had just gone to bed maybe 5 minutes earlier and I remember still beign in that state where you're tired but kind of thinking of random things.

Anyway, this happened to me again a few weeks later. Once again, I was super creeped out because the tarantula looked soooo real and I was convinced it was there but looked all over my room and nothing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sometimes I wake up and i feel like i have been having a conversation with somebody. I can't remember what it was about, but i feel like i have been talking? I ask my brother if he heard me talking and he says no?

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Lol, I hallucinate awake or asleep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts