Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone get this;

You're lying in bed at night trying to sleep and your mind starts having like "conversations" with itself? Its like I want to shout "shut up" at my own mind but cant switch off or relax.

Like loads of thoughts all buzzing around your mind at once. Sometimes I cant even single them out its just like a constant static

Can lay there awake for hours getting more and more irritated/anxious about the fact I'm not sleeping which of course makes it even harder to fall asleep but there's nothing you can do about it!

Thinking about seeing if I can get some kind of sleeping pills as its annoying, even worse if I have somthing I'm looking forward to or nervous about the next day. Its like my brain dosnt want me to have a good nights sleep! arrgh!

·
Registered
192 Posts
A method I used and will still use to this day depending on the night is to just listen to music. Anything slow and ambient works best since your mind can just "go with the flow" of the music, anything fast and you're likely to be wide awake and bouncing on your bed (I know from personal experience)!

·
Banned
506 Posts
Does anyone get this;

You're lying in bed at night trying to sleep and your mind starts having like "conversations" with itself? Its like I want to shout "shut up" at my own mind but cant switch off or relax.

Like loads of thoughts all buzzing around your mind at once. Sometimes I cant even single them out its just like a constant static

Can lay there awake for hours getting more and more irritated/anxious about the fact I'm not sleeping which of course makes it even harder to fall asleep but there's nothing you can do about it!

Thinking about seeing if I can get some kind of sleeping pills as its annoying, even worse if I have somthing I'm looking forward to or nervous about the next day. Its like my brain dosnt want me to have a good nights sleep! arrgh!
OMG! YES! THIS ^!

I so get what you mean, just laying there, p!ssed off, your brain going off like a firecracker... Laying there, like STFU BRAIN! But you can't stop the thinking! Turning over and over in bed, just wishing you could feel tired, but you can't... Staring at the ceiling, eyes wide open, all those thoughts of death and suicide and loneliness OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Wonder why I post here so much? I can't sleep! I stopped trying! What else can you do at 2am in the morning in England? Please doc, barbituates, anything... I promise, I swear to god I won't OD on them I just want to f-ing sleep!

I remember working... Laying there at 4pm, knowing I'd be up at 8 to go to work... Just praying I could sleep - just a few hours ffs! - but it never happened!

Just thinking about the people the next day - the stress, the fear, the shaking, the panic, the self-harm - knowing I'd have to deal with it without even an hour's good sleep...

I'm drinking again! Just to sleep... Not even proper sleep, but drunk sleep is better than no sleep at all...:|

·
Registered
416 Posts
after I had a traumatic incident when I was 24, I could never sleep without a sleep aid. I am 41 now.

once I went off meds for 7 months. During that time I could sleep only 2 - 3 hours every night.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
after I had a traumatic incident when I was 24, I could never sleep without a sleep aid. I am 41 now.

once I went off meds for 7 months. During that time I could sleep only 2 - 3 hours every night.
what was the traumatic incident? That is if you dont mind me asking.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Benedryl, tylenol pm, over counter sleep meds, klonipan. This is what I use 2-3x a week. Otherwise I lay awake worrying and replaying my life and my future, feeling worthless and defeated.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
LOL omg yes this happens to me sometimes. I'm laying there trying to sleep and I just cant stop thinking. My mind doesnt' want me to go to sleep because it wants to keep thinking and having conversations with itself. hahahaha it's so stupid. Doesn't really affect me at all. It happens every once in a while, but I don't think it has anything to do with any type of mental illness that I have.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can't just go into bed and fall asleep. I read or recently, I started listening to audiobooks, and that really makes me fall asleep. Anything where your mind is relaxing and focusing on something else is good.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Getting to sleep isn't a problem for me, waking up is. I tend to not want to roll out of bed and face the day. Since I'm currently jobless sitting in my comfortable bed seems to be the best place for me to be at the moment. It's in the mornings I have my worse conversations with myself. You know, those conversations where you are debating getting up at all today, Will people even realize I'm not up? Will they come looking for me? Do they care?

Yea, I have to pretty much slap myself awake most of the times and try and get something done throughout the day, even if most of the time im just on the computer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts