Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
10,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Suddenly gamers will be the most in shape people. :lol

What would be really cool is if someone made an arcade out of a giant warehouse size building with a wireless version of these headsets. Then you could run around in real life with your position being mapped to a virtual world. It would be like laser tag but with video game graphics.

·
SAS Member
14,463 Posts
haha! half the skyrim fans would quit the game because they're too out of shape to make it to Whiterun.

It would be awesome if the threadmill lifted at an angle when you go up stairs and hills. That would add to the realism. And as a bonus, after 200 hours of skyrim, you could run a marathon :lol

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
So much potential........:teeth
They need to expand on the subject to allow for more fluidity of movements and body position though (crouch, jump, etc), otherwise it is literally just a treadmill as a joystick which in itself is gimmicky and doesn't really add to the VR experience.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That's so awesome, I would be too lazy to do it though.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Maybe the treadmill wouldnt be so boring if you could walk through a vr forest or foriegn landscape even if its not a video game. I hope this is something that materializes in the next 10 years.

·
Registered
308 Posts
This seems really cool and seems like the kind of thing arcades are made for, but also extremely gimmicky. I already can tell those kinds of glasses would give a good portion of people heavy eye strain, and headaches, much like 3D glasses do now. And I think most people play video games to relax, not walk/jump/run or whatever. Its just something to relax with after a long day.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,361 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts

Suddenly gamers will be the most in shape people. :lol

What would be really cool is if someone made an arcade out of a giant warehouse size building with a wireless version of these headsets. Then you could run around in real life with your position being mapped to a virtual world. It would be like laser tag but with video game graphics.
Will happen sooner than you think with green screen becoming more accessible and affordable, of course the VR headset race happening helps ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts