Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like facebook, i save myself the trouble of feeling all the anxiety and jealousness by simply not having it. But now people want to skype me, come on are you serious ? so now you can see me while i am awkward sitting there thinking what to say, no way man im more scared of skype than i am of facebook

In theory it shouldn't be any different than talking to someone face to face.. should it? but hey even that is awkward with people i know sometimes, i think it would be more obvious for them to see my awkwardness sitting there on the computer screen , you can't move away, you cant turn around well you can but it is more obvious, they would be like hey where are you going. I just feel weird about the whole idea of them sitting there watching me at my computer desk while i try to think of something to say.

Or maybe i am just worrying, yet if i think it will be nervous hell it probably will be.

Anyone tried it?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
yes, dont be scared of skype, only give out your contact details to trusted peeps. you can ignore anyone you want, just the same as not answering the phone or the doorbell.
My soundcard drivers are down, so my skype is off, but I'm sure gonna put it back up when I fix the sound drivers for the mic and headphones :)
Skypes good as long as its free.

·
Silent
346 Posts
I always feel awkward doing that as well unless it's with my close friend. =/ I forced myself to cam with this one girl once, and after the first time it got easier. :3 But now I don't talk to her and I just disable my cam so it doesn't work. xD

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've skyped a couple times. Used to video chat on yahoo but I only did it grudgingly after being pestered a lot. I actually have a problem with people seeing my room? If it's messy I will have an all out freak out about it. I don't really like video chatting because I don't see the point in it. I just sit there almost motionless while my eyes scan all over the screens. (I keep the laptop hooked up to a monitor so I'm not looking directly at the camera and I think it makes me look weird.) Maybe I should only do it drunk. Then maybe I'd feel more interesting.

But for the most part, I don't have any friends that would want to video chat with me so even if I'm feeling especially brave and pretty no one is around and I really don't feel like there's any point to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts