Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best current medication "pill" for skizoid personality disorder. I have been on effexor for 15 years but am looking for something that helps me be a little more happier for my marriages sake which is going down the tubes rather fast. Effexor does not make me happy at all,it just makes me able to cope somewhat barely being married,if coping means i fight with her and try to push her away everyday sadly.:afr

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also is there something that i can get to go with effexor that just makes me more happy.

·
Cheesus
4,144 Posts
You need to be honest with your doctor. There are many atypical antipsychotics you can try that seem to work well. I have been on abilify before and it calms any intrusive thoughts etc..

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Atypical antipsychotics are the standard treatment for paranoid delusions as stated above by kehcorpz. A word of caution; Seroquel and Geodon may be less effective than the others as they are generally considered weaker agents. Zyprexa, Saphris, Abilify, Risperdal and Invega are likely more effective. Zyprexa usually causes a higher degree of weight gain than the others.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
What kind of paranoid delusions?

I found that Prozac greatly reduced my paranoia, but maybe not all paranoia is the same. I was always paranoid that I would get screwed, and everything would go wrong. I was very reluctant to buy things online because I thought everything was a scam to steal credit card information. Even of the companies I knew, I was paranoid that my stuff would get lost in the mail. I refused to buy a used car because I felt absolutely certain that all used cars have engine or transmission problems. I wouldn't consider getting internet or phone service through a small company.
When I started Prozac, I became a lot more rational and relaxed. I now get my internet through a small company at a great price and with no bandwidth limits. I buy things online more often, and I save a ton of money doing it. I'm fairly certain that I would have saved thousands of dollars by getting a used car if I started Prozac before going car shopping.
Right now I'm on Nardil, and it seems to be as effective as Prozac. I'm still a lot more relaxed and rational than before.

I always like writing posts like this. People think drugs cost money, but sometimes they save money. Paying $20/month for some Prozac ends up saving thousands of dollars because I'm more willing to stick my neck out and try things. Suppose I lost my phone right now and I needed to buy a new one. Before Prozac or Nardil, I would go to the cell phone provider because I know their phones are compatible, and I would get raped on the price. Now, I would buy an unlocked phone from overstock.com for half the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts