Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Feeling like crap errday!
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, right now I'm having my mid year exams and all the teachers are arranging up remedial classes for the upcoming exams to review what we have studied and give us some very crucial important notes for us to study. The problem is, I want to go to these remedial classes because I do not want to miss out on anything. But SA made me miss it. I am just too anxious and scared to go to class and see everyone sitting in pairs/groups and I'm the one sitting alone. I don't want people to think like "why does that guy never talk" or "that guy is so weird", I don't want to be the only one sitting alone awkwardly being quiet while everyone is busy talking and laughing away. I would rather miss the class and make people think that there was something more important for me to do so that I can show people that I actually have a life besides being extremely quiet(when I actually don't :( ) Recently i just finished my biology exams and some topics that were on the exam were not what I studied for. So what did i do? I left them blank. Then I just found out from my friend that those topics were from the worksheets the teacher gave to us during remedial(which I didn't go to) :( So yeah, I have a chemistry exam on monday and I missed today's remedial because of my SA. GREAT. I'm gonna miss out from more important notes and I'mm gonna ****ing screw the exam.

·
serious
340 Posts
Explain to your teacher and ask for the notes and help, some teachers are very understanding and helpful, or as ponceau said, just get your friend to copy them.

I skipped half a years lectures on one subject at uni, because of SA, but still passed well, cos the notes were in the library and online.

All is not lost! There's usually another way :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
do they force you to study in pairs/groups? if so, you can always ask the teacher to help you find a group.. if not, just study alone & if anyone bugs you about it, say you concentrate better that way..

when I was in school, I would take the unit notes from the teacher & textbook, and write them out as condensed jot notes. It really helps you to remember and as a bonus it makes you look busy so no one bothers you :)

another thing that helps is to look up the concepts that you're learning on google & youtube; if you get a little bit deeper understanding of them it will at least help you be more confident on the test.

and always put something down for every question on the test, even if you don't know the answer. There were many times in school where I had no idea of a test answer, but I just wrote down something vague relating to whatever I knew about the question and got partial marks for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts