Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhat anxiety related and which I almost forgot about.

August 14 was six years sober for me. That also means six years without emergency trips to the hospital or rides in the back of police cruisers. But that's probably just coincidence. ;)

Unfortunately, my other issues mean that I don't have anyone to celebrate with, but **** it. I'll take small victories when I can.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
wow - I'm flabbergasted. Well done on your six years - great strength to do that.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With Kool-Aid of course.
Yay kool-aid!! It's too bad that when it's time to celebrate something like this you always want to celebrate with (insert whatever you just quit here).

As a side note: I was in my little coffee place the other day and they sell some fruit-juicey drink that they "infuse" with gin, which makes it sound sooo much classier. I should have told my boss my drinks were "infused" instead.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Zookeeper, that is a true sign of growth, man. That's not small triumph!
:boogie :boogie :boogie

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
I'm having a hard enough time quitting caffeine. I don't drink, but quitting alcohol is probably the hardest thing someone could ever do. They say heroin and meth are the most addictive(at least that's what I've read) but those things aren't legally available at multiple stores in any city. So congrats. :yes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts