Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else out there feel like they are trapped at thier job because they dont have the ability to get another job? Anybody fantasise about telling thier suppervisor off all day? Anybody else lack the motivation to do anything even though there is so much to do? I am just checking. :D

·
serious
340 Posts
I can't be bothered writing a proper response to that. :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
I currently work 14 hour days, 6 days a week, owning/operating a grocery store. I've worked as a waiter, a barista, a mechanic, a cashier, an auto salesperson, a dispatcher for a large courier service, and as a Marine Corps infantryman. I have two brothers. The eldest is a bone surgeon and the baby of the family is a corporate attorney. The doctor is on call 24-7 and the lawyer sometimes doesn't sleep at all staying up working on documents. I've learned one thing from my own personal experiences and also from my brothers. That is, there's no such thing as a perfect job. They all suck but you have to make the most of it. If you don't give 110% of yourself to whatever you do, you will never be satisfied no matter what you do.

·
Sooo..come here often?
204 Posts
Anybody else out there feel like they are trapped at thier job because they dont have the ability to get another job?
Not so much "trapped in my job because I don't have the ability to get another" but I do see my current job as a sort of "comfort zone." I know what's expected of me. I know how everything works. I know my co-workers and have adapted to the hours and the actual place (area, building, etc.) I have always had a fear of the unknown, and would become anxious whenever I'm faced with an unfamiliar situation.

Anybody fantasise about telling thier suppervisor off all day?
Not only telling him off, but then also bashing his stupid head in with a baseball bat, then slicing and dicing him into teeny tiny pieces and burning him into non-existance!:bat:evil

Anybody else lack the motivation to do anything even though there is so much to do? I am just checking. :D
All the time. But I will procrastinate up to a point then curse myself for putting it off for so long, while I'm trying to get it all done. And then while I'm super busy I'll keep getting interrupted by half-wits:mum and they still wonder why I'm always grumpy around the office??? Really now? Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts