·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I am going to stay that way. :yes

·
Got nothin to loseeee but
58 Posts
I think alot of us here are single and think we are going to stay that way :p.

Different reasons though!

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
Single life feels the best when you first get out of a relationship, but then it gets old.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
I heard a married woman say once that she was SO JEALOUS OF SINGLE PEOPLE! That kind of blew my mind, lol.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Single life feels the best when you first get out of a relationship, but then it gets old.
Totally. But then the opposite is usually true too, it seems - it's just a matter of how long it takes for any given relationship.

Honest question for the older/more experienced folks here: is it even possible to be in a long-term relationship OR perpetually single for years on end and stay at least reasonably content with that same situation? We're brought up to believe we should all pair off and live happily ever after, but I get more and more cynical all the time about whether that's even possible.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
I'm single now, but I have been in a couple of long-term relationships. I'd like to be in another, however, if it doesn't happen, I'm okay with that. At my age, I'm kind of set in my ways.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Totally. But then the opposite is usually true too, it seems - it's just a matter of how long it takes for any given relationship.

Honest question for the older/more experienced folks here: is it even possible to be in a long-term relationship OR perpetually single for years on end and stay at least reasonably content with that same situation? We're brought up to believe we should all pair off and live happily ever after, but I get more and more cynical all the time about whether that's even possible.
i know your question wasn't directed at me, but let me tell you... my parents have been *happily* married for 26 years. 6 years ago my dad was in a car accident and is now severely paralysed, and their relationship is stronger than before, if anything. so yes, it is possible to be in a long-term relationship and stay at least reasonably content with it.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
i know your question wasn't directed at me, but let me tell you... my parents have been *happily* married for 26 years. 6 years ago my dad was in a car accident and is now severely paralysed, and their relationship is stronger than before, if anything. so yes, it is possible to be in a long-term relationship and stay at least reasonably content with it.
That's cool. My parents have also been married something like 25 years, and have never been on the brink of divorce or anything like that. They always went out of their way to maintain a stable household for my sister and I; i.e., big fights between them were pretty rare. Yet I feel like when I "read between the lines," I can tell there's a bit of boredom or distance between them emotionally. And since they, unlike so many other married couples, are at least able to maintain constant civility with each other, I start to wonder if their loving but slightly stale relationship is the best case scenario once you've lived with someone for, say, a decade or more. Or at the very least, if anything better (i.e., still exciting and passionate) is extremely rare.

Yeah, I'm not threadjacking or anything here (LOL)... let's all get back to celebrating of our perpetual singledom.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts

oh yeah, it's possible.

just mainly comes down to what you want in life (???)

i could probably be just as content single as in a relationship but then again i'm not sure if i'd ever go so well in a full blown relationship.

Plus, if getting into a relationship is the only way for me to get sex, then it would put me off both most likely, hence reinforcing disillusionment of my solitude.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What happened? Thought you were with Noca.
He dumped me and went off on me and called me all these horrible names and things.

I told him that I was a handful and hard to deal with.

I am sure it is probably something I did or said. I don't know but he didn't have to call me all those horrible things. <stomps foot, crosses arms>

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
No Comment

1 - 20 of 84 Posts