Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Daydreaming
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some similar conditions to social anxiety disorder? or what others involve social anxiety? anyone know? I was just wondering! :um

·
Confused
735 Posts
I suffer from GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and I think that SA is just a part of GAD, for me at least. Thumbs-up for LaRibbons post. Now I'm looking through Wikipedia for mental disorders, haha. It's kinda nice to realize that there are far worse things out there than SA - kinda makes you appreciate things a bit more.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was thinking Asperger's (which is a mild form of autism) and GAD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What about depression? I've always struggled with depression and I think it feeds the anxiety, because I interpret everything negatively. It also makes people feel like withdrawing from the world....

·
Banned
133 Posts
I have worked with autistic children for the last four years or so, and a large component of autism is anxiety around people and social situations. It goes much deeper and affects a person's life in different ways, but social anxiety is a large component in autism. And, the autistic population is growing rapidly, so we may see more autistic people in this forum (I've noted at least one so far). Aspergers, mentioned earlier, is another one that is on the autistic spectrum and has a large social anxiety component.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts