Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Omnipresent
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

My name is Nick, i'm an 18 year old student Architecture. I've had SAD for quite some years now, and it seems i will have it for quite some years to come :( ... I have never been "officially" diagnosed with SAD, since I've never told anyone other than you guys about it.

Life hasn't exactly been fun lately. My social life is pretty much dead, my relationship with my parents and relatives worsening by the day, and i haven't had a girlfriend in 3 years now. My SAD controls a great deal of my life. Especially school is suffering from it. Presentations and public speaking are an utter disaster, and part of my education is working in project-groups, which is really hard to do for me... Also, i suffer from depression every now and then, as a result of SAD.

I'm getting a bit negative, so i'll wrap this up. The reason i joined was mostly to "vent", and discuss these things with people who understand. I must admit; i was a bit anxious about registering on this forum: "what if anyone finds out?", but i guess that comes with SAD. I'm sure that thought will change soon.

Anyways, i'm really hoping to hear from you guys, and if you want to know anything else, just post here, i'll be checking this topic daily..

that's all ;)

(ps. Sorry for my nickname, but i always use "stalker" for forum's and internet-stuff, and i couldn't think of anything else. I don't really stalk people,,, that much,,, )

(pps. My english isn't exactly "sublime", so please forgive poor grammar and stuff)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Nick,
I also just signed up today :]

I'm a premed student and take lab courses that require me to work with other students. I used to get a bit anxious before labs but eventually I just got used to it, plus, my lab partners were great. The same is sometimes with other social situations but there are times when I just can't get over them and struggle throughout (like English class, ugh!). My grades are affected by my SA but because my future depends on a high GPA, I try to participate in class (when class participation is a major factor). But you know, this is all my doing. We (ppl w. SA) need to put ourselves out there more, meet new people, etc. and that's what I plan on doing once I'm done with my job, which is soon.
lol. well, that's me. Also, welcome to this SAS place!

·
Omnipresent
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldn't agree more! Too bad seeing people are both the problem and solution of SAD, and it requires a lot of willpower for people like us to do what you are planning to do.

I hope things are going well for you, and I'm honored to have your first post ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My name is Nick, i'm an 18 year old student Architecture. I've had SAD for quite some years now, and it seems i will have it for quite some years to come :( ... I have never been "officially" diagnosed with SAD, since I've never told anyone other than you guys about it.

Life hasn't exactly been fun lately. My social life is pretty much dead, my relationship with my parents and relatives worsening by the day, and i haven't had a girlfriend in 3 years now. My SAD controls a great deal of my life. Especially school is suffering from it. Presentations and public speaking are an utter disaster, and part of my education is working in project-groups, which is really hard to do for me... Also, i suffer from depression every now and then, as a result of SAD.

I'm getting a bit negative, so i'll wrap this up. The reason i joined was mostly to "vent", and discuss these things with people who understand. I must admit; i was a bit anxious about registering on this forum: "what if anyone finds out?", but i guess that comes with SAD. I'm sure that thought will change soon.

Anyways, i'm really hoping to hear from you guys, and if you want to know anything else, just post here, i'll be checking this topic daily..

that's all ;)

(ps. Sorry for my nickname, but i always use "stalker" for forum's and internet-stuff, and i couldn't think of anything else. I don't really stalk people,,, that much,,, )

(pps. My english isn't exactly "sublime", so please forgive poor grammar and stuff)
Good to have you around!

·
Omnipresent
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm already feeling better, and signing up for this forum might just be the best step i have taken to overcome social anxiety yet!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Nick, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Nick! :) :lol

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Welcome. When i joined this messageboard almost a decade ago now it was a real eye opener. Meeting people that had similar problems to mine and talking candidly with them. I feel it has been helpful overall and hope it benefits you as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts