Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, it's depressing realizing that this summer is almost half over and I've done literally nothing. I just need to vent haha. My first week of summer was the best and got me so excited for summer, I was hanging out with friends every single day and just having fun. Then all of a sudden it was like everyone forgot about me. My "best friend" barely even talks to me anymore. She's always with my other friend and her boyfriend. I'm not a jealous type don't get me wrong but it's just annoying bc I feel like she picks between who she'd rather be with of her friends. Like when she's with her she ignores me or will sometimes message me but ignore me when I reply. I only hung out with her like 4 times this summer and we used to chill ALL THE TIME. I feel replaced in a way. I just sometimes wish I didn't feel like a second option, like the weird friend she only hits up when she's that bored. We always have so much fun when we hang out too I just don't get what happened. Ugh. Then my only neighborhood friend moved and I live about 20 minutes from all my other friends which sucks. One of my best friends who I really miss is in a mental hospital now. :/ my other best friend doesn't reply to any of his friends. He claims he just doesn't talk to anyone anymore and keeps to himself yet he talks to and hangs out with guys (as love interests; hes gay). My friend who moved doesn't really talk to me anymore either since I don't live close anymore to hang out. My one friend is grounded and not allowed to do anything until she has a job which sucks. One of my friends just doesn't seem to have time for me anymore and would rather go to parties and get high. Then I have two friends who I don't even understand why they talk to me, everytime I ask to hangout they say "oh maybe" then ignore me for hours then reply at like 11 pm to say "oh sorry my mom said no". Like I don't get it. I remember not wanting the weekends to end and being so excited for summer bc I had so much fun but now it's like everyone forgot about me. It sucks. Plus I'm alone on the Fourth of July now bc my friend is ignoring my calls when we made plans. Like it's whatever haha maybe something's wrong with me. Well that was my rant of the day lol happy Fourth of July :p

·
Sigh.
9,313 Posts
Been there. You in high school or college? Friends move on in life, as you do in certain ways. And sometimes it isn't you, but them. It sucks, but that's life.

Also note that sometimes getting out for the summer isn't a necessity. Sometimes curling up with a book(s) or a game(s) or a tv boxset/Netflix is the way go. Being alone doesn't always have to mean you're lonely. Sometimes being alone can be therapeutic. "Know thy self," and all that. ;) Just don't want you to think that everyone is out in about, having a blast. Most people actually seem to stay home all summer. That's actually more of the truth, if you take in to account vacationing polls and all that. So you're not alone in a lot of ways.

Happy Fourth. Enjoy the fireworks. Or, like me, enjoy hearing them from a distance. ;) You'll be alright.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been there. You in high school or college? Friends move on in life, as you do in certain ways. And sometimes it isn't you, but them. It sucks, but that's life.

Also note that sometimes getting out for the summer isn't a necessity. Sometimes curling up with a book(s) or a game(s) or a tv boxset/Netflix is the way go. Being alone doesn't always have to mean you're lonely. Sometimes being alone can be therapeutic. "Know thy self," and all that. ;) Just don't want you to think that everyone is out in about, having a blast. Most people actually seem to stay home all summer. That's actually more of the truth, if you take in to account vacationing polls and all that. So you're not alone in a lot of ways.

Happy Fourth. Enjoy the fireworks. Or, like me, enjoy hearing them from a distance. ;) You'll be alright.

I'm in high school haha. I know, you're right it's just depressing I guess because I feel like I'm always inside watching tv or on the internet and I definitely didn't want summer to turn out this way. I'll do my best to enjoy myself though, maybe get a job or something and meet some much more interesting people :p and thanks, I hope you enjoy your Fourth of July too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts