Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm 22, have been dealing with SA and some mild depression for most of my life. Up untill around the past two years it hasnt been something that was all that difficult to deal with, probably because I was just used to being slightly "off" socially, as well as having low confidence. Another factor that most likely delayed the inevitable was my drug and alcohol abuse. It's pretty tough to see your problems clearly when the only time you're sober is when you're alone. Anyways the past few years it's caught up with me hard. My life is slowly deteriorating, and my real personality seems to be a thing of the past. I'm lucky enough to have had a fairly large group of friends coming out of high school, and I need to deal with this before I lose everything good in my life. I look forward to spending some time on here, it looks pretty cool. Cheers.

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
Hey there, I'm 22, have been dealing with SA and some mild depression for most of my life. Up untill around the past two years it hasnt been something that was all that difficult to deal with, probably because I was just used to being slightly "off" socially, as well as having low confidence. Another factor that most likely delayed the inevitable was my drug and alcohol abuse. It's pretty tough to see your problems clearly when the only time you're sober is when you're alone. Anyways the past few years it's caught up with me hard. My life is slowly deteriorating, and my real personality seems to be a thing of the past. I'm lucky enough to have had a fairly large group of friends coming out of high school, and I need to deal with this before I lose everything good in my life. I look forward to spending some time on here, it looks pretty cool. Cheers.
welcome GnR :) i'm sure u will feel better here

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just took that Liebowitz test. Got a 95 lol.

·
ISFJ
1,473 Posts
Welcome to the cool side of the pillow! ;)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey GnR welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, GnR! :)