Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i become less shy. How do i gain confidence. What drugs have the doctor prescribed you that worked the best? I need help please. :(

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I don't use drugs...I become less shy by pushing myself out of my comfort zone and trying my best to not get discouraged when things don't go right, appreciating the little victories. Practice works, just like anything else in life. Or, yes, you could be lazy and take drugs and not actually work on yourself.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats true i suppose. though I have been working for many years. It just seems so hard, and I think i was born this way, or my environment has shaped me to the way I have become today. Is drugs the only way?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't use drugs...I become less shy by pushing myself out of my comfort zone and trying my best to not get discouraged when things don't go right, appreciating the little victories. Practice works, just like anything else in life
yea this is usually the best method. It's not easy, but after you get used to stepping outside of your comfort zone it becomes less scary. You also have to try and remember not to beat yourself up over things that don't go so well. It takes time and practice. Be proud of yourself for at least trying. Every person is different though and some do find drugs to be useful. You should discuss that with a doctor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts