Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like females users have this little girl committee/club going on. I notice this in threads where females will stick up for each other and encourage each other. This does not happen as frequently as with the MEN of this board. Often times you have males sticking up for other females. I wonder why this is. Is the internet a girls club that men just have to deal with?

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Women generally stick together more than men do period. I agree though.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Maybe we are too in competition for the women's attention here, that we refuse to band together.

·
ENTP with SA...How?
2,418 Posts
Interesting observation. Women tend to be less individualistic than men. Like in sports, woman care more about the team, where men care more about their own stats.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
^and the culture sees us as weak for wanting this kind of thing.

·
ENTP with SA...How?
2,418 Posts
LOL - haha try that.
but tell me, when you play online aren't the worst ones talking sh** are these
bad a** little 10-11 year olds...and to make it worse, they aren't too bad of players...makes me so mad.
I know right? Just like my ****in little brother. Hes really good at CoD and hes 12.

I talk **** to those little kids too though...Im surprised at how good they can respond to my **** talking, telling me they will rape me or something...weird.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I agree that the SAS women tend to stick together more than the fellas but I've found the opposite is true in real life. Growing up the boys club always stuck together but the girls would change best friends every week and would constantly let guys come between them whilst us boys never did.

As I got older I noticed the same with the females I worked with, endless in fighting and backstabbing whereas the men basically bickered for 5 minutes and then it was all over with and forgotten.

Maybe it's an Australian thing? :stu

Edit* I just realised I went completely off topic, derp! On SAS most of the time a guy gets into it with a female member it's because he said something stupid (example-women have it easier BS) and for the few who haven't asked for it they usually prove they're man enough to look after themselves so I stay out of it.

On the female gamers topic, I've had 2 ex gf's beat me at games (1 @ streetfighter 2 and the other @ Daytona USA) so I learnt long ago to accept some girl gamers can kick my a**!

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Nope,never had too many problems with a female user unless they were standoffish during a debate or just plain stubborn during advice time. Usually happens alot in chat.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
**** yall im sticking by myself im a loner!!!! nikkas bes back off or ima pop some kneecaps i aint want no friends foo~``!!! jk jk chill broskies

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Maybe the men of SAS have wider opinion spectrum than the females? You rarely see two females arguing on this site, but it is fairly common with men.

Eh, i am not sure if i wanted to be in "men egroup/club" or whatever.

PS, I have yet to be beaten by a female in any game ;)

·
Banned
4,658 Posts
If there's a girl club on here I have yet to see it. I've argued and agreed with both males and female users on this site without even giving consideration to gender.

·
In orbit, always
824 Posts
We're men, but we are not men in tights, on guard defending the people's rights.

·
this too shall pass
1,512 Posts

·
All Kinds of Awesome
1,418 Posts
It seems there are a disproportionate amount of men on this site in general. So properly assessing the activities of the men v. women is not going to be balanced.

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
Nope,never had too many problems with a female user unless they were standoffish during a debate or just plain stubborn during advice time. Usually happens alot in chat.
Ditto. And that's really more cause of their general negative temperment than anything else. And even then, something like that doesn't happen too often.

Otherwise, I've never had a problem or anything.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts