Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, despite having agoraphobia (fear of panic attacks or panic-like symptoms in public places where escape is difficult and the whole scene would be embarrassing - I've had panic attacks before), severe social anxiety, depression, being avoidant (Avoiding public places, social interactions and situations at all cost, fear of being judged, mistrust of others, agoraphobia is related).:|

Now, like for 2 weeks I've been experiencing some auditory hallucinations (My family says it... but I think I heard that damn noise), when I get panic attacks I will certainly get the feeling that everyone on street is judging me, spying on me to laugh at me and to do something on my back. I also think my family, (my dad...) is plotting against me I just don't know what.:|

I did this test online about schizophrenia and one question was if I talk to my self or if I hear voices... well I do talk to myself and "me" answers, I mean who doesn't??

Monday I'll have a psychiatric consult and I'm afraid of telling this to the doctor... what if he locks me up and thinks I have schizophrenia??:|

Please if you were in my shoes would you tell?:|
Btw, the test scored "early schizophrenia"...:blank

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I have panic disorder and agoraphobia so a little idea of what you're going through. I don't have the hallucinations but I recall that being a very important question when I was being diagnosed. Definitely tell him/her the truth so that they can accurately diagnose you. I was labeled with GAD for 10 years...no wonder treatment didn't help! They aren't there to judge, they're there to help, and unless you want to support the fictitious Dr. House's theory that everybody lies, do tell the truth. ;) He won't lock you up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd tell. It could be anxiety related. Whatever it is, you don't want it to get worse and suffer in silence, which could make you exaggerate the problem in your head if it goes unaddressed. Telling somebody about my worries always makes me feel better, even if only to find out that, yes, there is a name for what I'm experiencing (which was why it was so awesome when I found out about this forum and SA in general). So go, and relieve your anxiety about it!

·
Registered
132 Posts
So, despite having agoraphobia (fear of panic attacks or panic-like symptoms in public places where escape is difficult and the whole scene would be embarrassing - I've had panic attacks before), severe social anxiety, depression, being avoidant (Avoiding public places, social interactions and situations at all cost, fear of being judged, mistrust of others, agoraphobia is related).:|

Now, like for 2 weeks I've been experiencing some auditory hallucinations (My family says it... but I think I heard that damn noise), when I get panic attacks I will certainly get the feeling that everyone on street is judging me, spying on me to laugh at me and to do something on my back. I also think my family, (my dad...) is plotting against me I just don't know what.:|

I did this test online about schizophrenia and one question was if I talk to my self or if I hear voices... well I do talk to myself and "me" answers, I mean who doesn't??

Monday I'll have a psychiatric consult and I'm afraid of telling this to the doctor... what if he locks me up and thinks I have schizophrenia??:|

Please if you were in my shoes would you tell?:|
Btw, the test scored "early schizophrenia"...:blank
I'd be honest with the psychiatrist, they can not help you unless your honest and you will not be locked up. :)

·
Stay in your lane!
760 Posts
yes imo you should tell him/her about this development. auditory hallucinations do not automatically equal schizophrenia. so don't worry right away. actually agoraphobia and consistent isolation can cause hallucinations. that happened to me and that symptom has hall but disappeared the less isolated I became (got a job). From what I learn isolation can cause a LOT of mental issues, it's essentially your own mind creating communication that it craves and isn't there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts