Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the ages of 11 to 17, I had a best friend, a woman, though we had a lot of arguments and I think we didn't speak for too much when we were 13, and then later we drifted apart.

Anyway, she left sixth form in the first year, and I haven't seen her in about three years, she moved to Australia. I do like her, and she recently contacted me through facebook to see how I was.

I don't know if I should tell her about my SA, I don't know if I can trust her. I really don't want people to know, the only was that do are my fiance and my parents, and I can trust them.

I feel like I should tell her, but i'm worried she'll tell people.

What do you think I should do?

·
Renewed Hope
354 Posts
If you trust her and are comfortable enough to tell her about it then do it. If you dont trust then dont say anything about it. Is she the kind of person who can keep other people's secrets?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She has told me other people's secret's in the past, so I do worry about it. Part of me thinks I can trust her because we were quite close, and she's 20 now, but other parts of me think she'd still tell people and gossip about it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You can't unring the bell. Say less now, you can always mention it later. Unless you're desperate for this person's friendship and telling her is a last-ditch effort, it's safer to not mention it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
In all honesty, I think you shouldn't. The mere fact that you put "ex" in the topic kinda says it all, at least it does for me. There is no more trust there, and from what you've said, it seems like you really can't trust her with secrets. I mean, it's cool that she contacted you again but you should really see where that goes. If it's just a casual, "how you been?" then there really is no point. Sorry, it's the cynic in me. But in the end, it really is up to you. Hope I somewhat helped!

·
Registered
290 Posts
well she's in a different country right? soo i don't think you should tell her cause you probably wont see her around much.

·
SAS Member
31,298 Posts
Is there a reason why you want to tell her? If it were me, I would wait until you develop a better friendship again.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I won't tell her then, as I can't be too sure what she'll do with it. I just felt like I had to tell her, I don't know why, it's quite odd.

She's coming back in the summer for two months, and she wants to meet up then, but I don't know if that'll work out.

Thanks guys, you've really helped :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts