Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I feel suicidal for the past couple of months, because its hard for me to live in a world where I'm scared. I always wanted to be on medication since I found out I had depression and social anxiety. My parents know I have them. I talked to them about meds and how I can see a psychiatrist for free, because of medicaid. My family is poor. They don't want me on meds, because they say it won't help me just mess me up more. I don't really give a damn anymore. Do you guys think I should take meds? Thanks.

btw my Liebowitz Social Anxiety Test is 104 so its pretty severe.
any other advice besides taking medication is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Lexapro is the cleanest of the SSRI/SNRI
I am basing that on the fact I have taken most of them
If i was you i would try that first but expect that your symptoms might get worse for the first couple of weeks.
There is side effects to all of these drugs but you sound desperate for some relief and medication can help with that.

·
Lost in Space
508 Posts
out oof alll the antidepressants i took (cymbalta,zoloft,effexor,wellbutrin, and prozac... prozac was my favorite. but its kinda like saying id rather get punched in the nose than in the balls because i dindnt like any of them. they just numb my emotions and kill my weiner.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
out oof alll the antidepressants i took (cymbalta,zoloft,effexor,wellbutrin, and prozac... prozac was my favorite. but its kinda like saying id rather get punched in the nose than in the balls because i dindnt like any of them. they just numb my emotions and kill my weiner.
Numb is somthing i have never been able to attain no matter what the med
I really think i would like to be numb
Did you try the meds at the lowest dose ? maybe people go numb if the dose is 2 high.....just a thought

·
Lost in Space
508 Posts
well in the lower doses they would just numb my emotions some, in higher doses.. that when they would murder my weiner! effexor had the most numbing effect. what kind of symptoms of depression are you experiencing blakeye? if you have alot of bad thoughts that you would like to get rid of and havent been able to numb them away, maybe you could try a different approach by enhancing dopamine. a med i may try soon is something i dont think doctors like to prescribe is selegiline, an mao-b inhibitor. it keeps dopamine from getting depleted in your body. i just know if it does anything like adderall, which ive read it can, then it might be great. adderall gave me the abillity to look at to look past any bad in my life and just be an optimist about everything! or if your doc is willing to prescribe adderall, you could try that.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
My depression makes me feel helpless
no interest in anything
just wish i was not born
Parnate and zoloft are ment for dopamine ? I think
They did not make me better
I don't want to try stimulants because of tolerance issues and I consider them street drugs that are short term beneficial

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
mainly in the young right? I'm 28 so i should be safe godwilling.
Yeah apparently mainly in the young but it can happen to adults as well
I think it's from the first few weeks you can have an up and down effect while the medication is stabilizing. Going from feeling better one day and then back to normal ****ness the next just makes people break

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah apparently mainly in the young but it can happen to adults as well
I think it's from the first few weeks you can have an up and down effect while the medication is stabilizing. Going from feeling better one day and then back to normal ****ness the next just makes people break
oh ok. I just got me some stablon (tianeptine) so hopefully i won't develop any suicidal feelings. It's the first time i'm trying it, looking forward to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts