Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SA is not that severe, but I'm willing to overcome it right now. I believe that I'm a confident person under my SA, because I can speak confidently in some situations. Like giving a speech, acting, and giving a presentation. I pretty much can talk if I need to or have to. The SA I have just prevents me from being the one to start the conversation with certain people. I always wait for people to be the one to start the conversation with me first. Plus I'm introverted. I can also speak confidently if I know what I'm talking about, and if I have thought about it in my mind for awhile. Should I take hypnotherapy? The hypnotherapist or NLP coach or whatever, that I contacted, said it takes 2-3 sessions to successfully overcome SA. Each session is 1 hour, but costs $200 per session. I have the money, but I just keep thinking theres hope for me to overcome it on my own, since my SA is 't that bad. What should I do?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention, could the effects be temporary? In my situation, I always hang out alone, and it seems like, if I continue, then the effects would fade away.

·
I'm here to help
159 Posts
I believe hypnotherapy 'can' be successful but my issue with this is the suggestions themselves. At some level, your subconscious may reject whatever is suggested - the main reason hypnosis doesn't work on all people. NLP is a effective, but again, it depends on the techniques and how "clean" those suggestions are.

In my method of coaching I help people find their own inner resources - it seems to 'stick' longer when the answers come from within.

I hope this helps

Jon

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any update on this? How did it work out for you?

Jon
Nothing yet, but I'm planning on seeing the hypnotherapist next week, as its spring break for highschool students. I'm glad that the hypnotherapist reduces the price from $200/hr to $150/hr for students. I really hope it goes well, and that it actually takes 2-3 sessions for a successful outcome. I really don't want to pay over $500.

·
I'm here to help
159 Posts
Keep us posted, thanks.

I offer a complimentary session as well as a quick chat if you have any questions and would like to see if its a good fit for you.

Good luck either way

Jon

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hypnotherapy only left me with a placebo effect. waste of money imo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts