Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to ask a person from my old tennis team in high school when I graduated in 2010, if she wanted to play tennis with me--that's the only way that I could get in contact with her.

This is the conversation:

September 7
Me: <her name>, if u aren't too busy, do u want to hit anytime before school starts?

September 9
<her name>: Yeah I usually work four days a week but let me know when you want and I definitely will if I'm free

September 10
Me: okay <her name>. i can hit anytime (except maybe on sundays) up 'til the 28th. u can pick a time and place and i'm sure i can make it.

It's now the 16th. I don't know if she just doesn't want to play with me or if she forgot about the whole thing. What should I do? If I was gonna reply, I'd say:

hey <her name>, just wondering if you're still up for tennis sometime.

I know she goes on Facebook because I see her on at least once a day.

·
I have to feed my dog
1,889 Posts
She probably bailed because you didn't man up and give her a date. Instead, you gave her a response along the lines of "I don't have anything at all going on besides church so I'll be able to accommodate you in every way. Just name the time and place." I don't know about you but that sounds pretty wimpy to me.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Give it a try. She said she was interested so thats obviously making things proceed forward. Message her once and thats it. If no reply, keep your pride and dont even think of writing back to her.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do it!!!! And let us know how it goes. Dont be discouraged if she doesnt write back. Girls can be evil and play with your mind!! Im telling you, they can act like they're interested and then out of no where its like they're bi polar and change their mind. Dont expect too much from anyone. Remember that.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think the people here are giving pretty good advice, and I think I can be very vague about things like this a lot of the time. Still, if she was REALLY interested then she would have done anything to pick a date and time. But then again you guys probably aren't that close and maybe she doesn't want to seem too eager, or is a busy person in general. I'd definitely give a date and time,because you'll know for sure whether or not she's interested depending on her response. If she still doesn't respond after that then she's not worth your time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts