Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So i think its time i get some professional help...just wondering what some internet peoples thoughts were. I dont think this is normal but maybe I am wrong? Should I seek professional help?

Anyways, here goes I guess....I keep having these spouts where I am sad to point where I am holding back tears(hence the migraine and loss of sleep), for no apparent reason. i'm finding it hard to be motivated to do anything at work or school, i look forward to nothing not even video games....I think about death a lot i guess(not suicide so please don't be worried), to put that into perspective I listened to Fade to Black probably 20 times today. I don't know I just don't think I can handle it on my own anymore.

But on the other hand I remember therapists costing a **** ton of money and the meds twice as much and causing me to have really ****'d up thoughts. I use to see them as a child for depression and separation anxiety.

·
Registered
31 Posts
anhedonia= the inability to experience pleasure. Obvious sign of depression. I go to a therapist, PHD and he said I had that. Reading your post, I can relate. There are times due to severe insomnia and anxiety that I don't get pleasure to do anything. Eating is not a pleasure, sex is not a pleasure, watching a game, a show, or any activity is not a pleasure. There are a few things that give me pleasure but you should be feeding your mind good thoughts. You are feeding it just bad. I think in my situation, I developed depression by thinking negatively. I have low self esteem, I was very critical of my looks, I isolated myself. Because it was left untreated, I developed chronic insomnia which I still suffer from 16 years later. I also developed chronic anxiety. Fears and obsessions. I developed panic disorder. I don't know if you have the anxiety like me but it seems you do have depression. If left untreated it can result in other problems like the ones I just mentioned. I would be a cruel person if I said you shouldn't go to see a Dr. I would definitely recommend it. Money seems to be the issue. Try to go to a clinic or your public health department and talk to them about what options you have. For now, I know it sounds silly but you will have to dig down deep inside yourself to get yourself going. Exercise works wonders. It is temporary euphoria in my opinion. Laugh. Fake laughter is as good as normal laughter. You will release good chemicals in your brain. In addition, talking to someone will definitely distract you from your problems and can help a lot.
As for the side effects for medication, not all have side effects. With the right meds and good cognitive therapist you will be on the road to recovery and you will be a happy person. Take charge, you have control of your destiny!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, sent the same thing to a close a friend and she said I should at the very least go to the campus counselor. This honestly has been going on for to long.

That paragraph is not the half of it.

When I was in middle school I went to a real therapist. He moved and no one else expected my insurance. That plus the suicidal thoughts caused by Paxill, I stopped going.

Gonna try to get in tomorrow at campus, but spring break starts next week. So I am guessing I'm gonna have to wait till after that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello Devon91,
I think you are victim of anxiety disorder and this not good thing for your body. As you said you ain't have focus what you are doing the thing is it you and your fear about bad feeling. Here i can suggest you to meditation if or another strong solution is sumenta herbal supplement :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know I have tried relaxation techniques, before. They do seem to work and help, just remember to do them becomes the issue. I was pretty down the last two days, woke up fine today. But any-rate after spring break, I am gonna talk to a therapist on campus...at the very worst they can tell em that I need to see a "real" one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
YES YOU SHOULD DEFFO GO!! i go every week and there is obvious progress, if you do decide to go here are some important things to remember:

• if you dont like/feel comfortable with ur therapist change your therapist!!
  • open up, its hard at first but it is totally worth it, besides thats why you are there
  • be positive, this is probably annoying to hear but i have had loads of bad weeks but good weeks follow too, social anxiety, or any disorder is a bumpy road there are positives and negatives and they both help you get well!!
good luck bless u!!!:)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YES YOU SHOULD DEFFO GO!! i go every week and there is obvious progress, if you do decide to go here are some important things to remember:

• if you dont like/feel comfortable with ur therapist change your therapist!!
  • open up, its hard at first but it is totally worth it, besides thats why you are there
  • be positive, this is probably annoying to hear but i have had loads of bad weeks but good weeks follow too, social anxiety, or any disorder is a bumpy road there are positives and negatives and they both help you get well!!
good luck bless u!!!:)
Honestly I think, being positive is a big part of my problem. I have this really annoying fear that all my friends are gonna find new friends and leave me friendless. This is what caused the most recent cycle. I'm sure there are other things, too but I know that is a big one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts