Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
"I always think people are going to make fun of me because of it"-in all honesty, grow up. your a 26 year old man/woman. Know one of your age is gonna make fun of your apperance. This ain't high school.

" I'll have to make up something when she asks what I've been doing these last three years"- tell her where you work.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
My guess would be that she would be surprised to see that you gained weight, but would still be happy to see you again.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Thanks a lot for understanding, dude. :roll And yes, people make fun of others outside of high school. I was bullied at my last job, which was just a year ago, and these were people who were above high school age. It doesn't all end when you turn 18.

And I don't work anywhere. That's part of my problem. I have social anxiety, which keeps me from getting a job. :mum
Were they bullying you or were they just joking around and you were being over sensitive. ive been called skinny my entire life but i know they are just joking (although at times its hard to get that point across...im very sensitive). As a matter of fact, it bothers me that when i get called a skinny twig it carries a much different effect then calling someone a fat ***. Calling someone a fat *** is just down right rude but the same can't be said for calling someone skinny.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
as far as the not having a job thing...that sucks. how are you living right now? my advice is to work nights at a grocey store (thats what i do) b/c no one sees ya.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were they bullying you or were they just joking around and you were being over sensitive. ive been called skinny my entire life but i know they are just joking (although at times its hard to get that point across...im very sensitive). As a matter of fact, it bothers me that when i get called a skinny twig it carries a much different effect then calling someone a fat ***. Calling someone a fat *** is just down right rude but the same can't be said for calling someone skinny.
There's a difference between being called skinny and being called fat. Skinny people aren't constantly made fun of in the media or in society, there aren't jokes about skinny people like there are about fat people, and usually being skinny is a good thing.

Anyway, I'm probably being oversensitive about the whole thing, because I expect people to point out that I'm overweight. Insecurity goes with the SA, I guess. :no

as far as the not having a job thing...that sucks. how are you living right now? my advice is to work nights at a grocey store (thats what i do) b/c no one sees ya.
Right now, I'm living at home while going to college. I'm working towards a 3 year degree, but it'll probably be 2012 or 2013 before I finish college.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts