Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I can do it. I have nowhere to meet people and I couldn't find anyone to relate to anyway and I'm 16 so why even bother? Its not going to matter anyway. I'm just feeling so horribly, awfully lonely and I keep imagining what it would be like, having someone there and then I think of all the people who say it's stupid and typical of a teenager and I'm just as dumb as other girls my age, and I keep imaging all the people that mock us for wanting to be in relationships and Its just f***ing torture. I really f***ing hate this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't really provide a valuable answer of any sort, I'm in the same boat. I love how you incorporated your name into the post by the way hehe. Essentially this is how I've chosen to deal with this situation. Take loads of anti-depressants, fantasize about being confident enough to actually date people, still get depressed, pop more pills, waste time on the Internet and satisfy some sort of addiction (whether it be drugs, video games, the Internet, sleep). Then start the cycle over :) good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a guy so I can't completely relate, but I'm 16 and I've been in a relationship for a month or 2 now and It's very enjoyable and can take off a lot of stress to just hang out with that someone that you really like.

·
Registered
417 Posts
A lot of people here can relate, which I guess could be seen as good or bad for you. I'm the exact same way. My first thought is telling you to try and reach out. I guess it depends on your circumstances, you know, if you can drive or not, if you live by anyone you know, if your parents cooperate. But try to give it a chance if you haven't. Does your mother know someone with a child around your age? Ask her if you can meet up!
Do you live by anyone you can be friends with? And now, this is easier said than done (I'm having trouble with it myself), when you see them, ask them to hang out.
Does your town have any programs, church have any things for teenagers? Check those out! It's always a good place to start.

And please remember, just because you're 16 doesn't mean your feelings aren't real. You feel them, right? Don't let people shake it off just because of your age.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I don't think I can do it. I have nowhere to meet people and I couldn't find anyone to relate to anyway and I'm 16 so why even bother? Its not going to matter anyway. I'm just feeling so horribly, awfully lonely and I keep imagining what it would be like, having someone there and then I think of all the people who say it's stupid and typical of a teenager and I'm just as dumb as other girls my age, and I keep imaging all the people that mock us for wanting to be in relationships and Its just f***ing torture. I really f***ing hate this.
I can completely relate........this is how I felt for a while......my therapist told me that the only way people change is when they cannot stand the way they are living anymore.......this is true for me.......for a year I was miserable about not being able to talk to girls and being lonely and because I was rejected by this girl last year..........last week I just had enough of it......I started thinking positive and I decided I was going to talk to this girl that I have had a crush on for 3 years, but have never ever talked to her before.......on Thursday I accidentally held the door open for the girl that rejected me last year (I didn't see that it was her) and then on Friday she comes into class and asks if we are in groups since there was hardly anybody in the room at the moment........later that day that girl I have had a crush on for 3 years but have never talked to and I had a short conversation......I felt so good about it and I am so happy I did it..the other thing with this is that since things between that girl who rejected me and I are neutralizing....since she is friends with my crush this is good news...she won't be talking trash about me to her......anyway......I changed because I was tired of being negative and lonely and had to do something about it.......being positive is a great place to start..........try it and see what happens.....I believe in you.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts