Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have serious anger, depression, and anxiety issues. I didn't want to come to this, but I think I should be prescribed drugs to fix this. Should I ask my therapist?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Drugs won't fix it but they will make it easier to cope with your feelings and numb you down if you feel that you could benefit from the drugs yes you should ask.Some people can deal with they're problems without drugs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
psychiatrists are the MDs who have the power to prescribe medicines. Make sure to find a good one though or you'll feel like a guinea pig. usually SSRIs are first line of defense, so I would do research before going to the office about them so you'll make a better decision when they offer you a choice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Drugs can slow you down but the only things can fix you is your yourself. Learn to control your anger. Situation when you were angry what other step you use to counter it. Did you allow it to simply happen?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think some people need meds, and others can do okay without them. You may want to stick with therapy for awhile longer and see if you feel any improvement.

Whatever meds you are prescribed, be sure you thoroughly understand the risks and benefits before taking them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts