Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I've been lurking here for a few months and only recently joined.

I've suffered from SA and OCPD all my life and who else knows what...
I've only recently started therapy and medication for it because its starting to affect my life so much.

My childhood and teenage years were ruled by SA, not until I was about 23 yrs old did I really start understanding it and started taking control over my life myself, still affected by it but able to cope.

Recent events has caused a catastrophic snowball effect and now everything I value seems to be in jeopardy and I've lost that push, that will, to overcome the SA again.

Thank you all for being here, its so odd, for me, to see all of you here experience what I feel everyday... But in ways its good to know I'm not alone in what I live through.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Robert :wels

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TY for the welcomes, I appreciate it, but does it make sense saying "I feel awkward by them" I only post this in trying to understand myself atm, so honestly no offense intended to anyone. TY

·
Full circle, new highway
365 Posts
You are here now and we accept you.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi Robert, welcome to the forums :)

Perhaps you feel awkward by the welcomes as you aren't used to the attention, and people being genuinely nice towards you. I feel like this sometimes, as i'm not used to people taking the time to listen to me in real life, but you'll soon feel at ease here. I can honestly say that everyone i've interacted with here so far are all genuinely nice, caring, friendly people. You'll find people here who truly understand you, and will hopefully help you in overcoming your sa, as I am sure you will help others to overcome their own sa.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Stoney7713! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts