Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mentioned a problem I was having over-coming my anxiety, to ask a girl i'd been talking with for only a short while.
What made me worse was the fact that I was going to be asking in her workplace which is busy and possibly not appropriate
to ask her whilst she's working.

However on my lunch I went in picked up everything I proceeded to her till as she was the only one on serving. She smiled,
we had a little joke and small banter. I then moved away after being served to look at some other items waiting for the
chance for the quque to go and have at least a minute with her alone.

I just asked her straight out, no idea where it came from whether she'd want to do something sometime. She said YES,
I was ex-tactic she then wrote down her name and number down and gave it too me and I left the store with a smile
on my face.

Now that I have her name and mobile number, how long should I leave it before calling her to ask her to do something ?

I've never done this before and have no idea what the social protocol is in this sort of situation.

Also thought I'd share my good news ! :teeth

·
Registered
21 Posts
Aww congrats thats brilliant that must have been pretty challenging so you have done really well. I bet your well happy you plucked up the courage in the end to ask her out and i bet she is too :)

In reguards to how long you should leave it till you call her umm tbh i'm not all too good at that sorta stuff ethier but i think if it was me in that situation i would probably give her a call tomorrow or nearer the end of the week to see if she would like to go out :)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I havent really either. Last time I just sent a text that night saying hey it is me this is my number and we'll talk soon. She replied and we sent texts back and forward for an hour.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats!!!

I would call her the next day and tell her exactly why you didn't want to wait.........if the opportunity presents itself at the perfect moment and if you feel she is interested in a guy's feelings.

Good luck,

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
good job!!!!!! progress is always a really good thing i happy for you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, it's just a big sigh of relief (happy-relief though) afterwards and you do wonder
what it was all about.

It's now a new anxiety of calling her to arrange the date and then going on it, it's amazing how
many barriers you have to get through to get to where you need, I guess that's life though.
Despite that my first step has been over-come so hopefully it will be more easier from now on.

So now I'm just trying to work out what to say over the phone and when to call or whether
I send a text message.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I would try to talk to her for about 10 to 15 minutes on the phone and at the end ask her out for a drink or coffee or something. I wouldn't overthink what you're going to say on the phone, but I would definitely recommend saying a few witty remarks about things you already talked about or things she mentioned about herself. It's always impressive to a girl if you remember what she said in the past, shows you're listening.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good for you.

Wait a few days. IF she doesn't reply, don't let that put you off...try again a few days on. I would definitely rather text her as well, thats just me though.

Don't act like you are trying to date her, just nonchalantly mention getting coffee or coming on an errand with you. I personally prefer the errand thing, because it gives you both a task and an environment to interact with, plus a way to end the encounter if things begin to get a bit awkward ("OK I have done what I need, cya sometime soon!") if it starts to go dry or sour.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's great!

I've read some pua material and i've heard one say you should wait for 2 days until you call her. If you call too soon you might come across as too clingy. If you call too late she might think you're not that interested in her.

Best of luck to you man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts