Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started a new job at a telemarketing place (I know it sounds crazy but I think its giving me a lot of confidence to actually talk again, at first I was extremely shy and afraid, but I am slowly getting used to it)...Anyways, every time I get off the bus, I always end up walking with this girl for about 5 mins before we depart our own ways...And I have ended up crossing her path for two times in a row! I can truely admit that the highlight of my day is just seeing her...I do not know how to break the ice with her so I end up walking really quickly and I can sense she is walking behind me...lol...anyways, do you guys have any tips on how I can break the ice with this girl and have a meaningful conversation with her..Thanks in advance :)

·
Banned
205 Posts
First thing you do is do not put her up on a pedestal in your head. She's just a regular person like you or me. Secondly, just ask her for the time or remark on the weather or something.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just be nice and say that you see her all the time on the bus stop and you think that it would be nice to get to know her. She actually might be too shy to talk to you and wants to do the same thing. And yes that is possible.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
I'd try having a conversation and small talk with her, and seeing if you have common interests. Right now, all you have to go on is that you find her attractive.

Don't ask her out without getting to know her. That'll just freak her out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts