Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
pickles
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short i missed a dose of meds and coupled with an anxiety attack/bout of depression somehow thought it was a good idea to shave off the ol eyebrows.

Ive had issues with hair, plucking, tweezing etc for many years as a coping mechanism and this time i started plucking and it escalated to thought patterns of well ive effed up my eyebrows so bad i need to shave em off for a fresh start.

This was on xmas. Im supposed to go back to work on wednesday. Im going to get long bangs and fill them in with makeup but id like a plausible cover story for why they "fell" off or that i can hint at so people dont know i went cucko. I dont expect anyone ti be bold enough to ask but id like a story in case, so anyone know any medical reasons or allergic reaction/medication type reasons that would cause someones eyebrow hair to fall out? That wont make me sound crazy or completely stupid? Or maybe suggestions based on personal experience?

Thank you...

·
Banned
252 Posts
My sister and mum shave theirs off and draw them on with eyeliner lol they look ok actually, i used to do it myself i've seen quite a few girls with fake eyebrows so i wouldn't even say anything. You could just say you was experimenting.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello, Spaceygirl, and a very happy new year to you! :)

I hope that this does not cause any increase in your anxiety, or any other difficulties. I have done similar things myself, following a logical pattern of thought at the time, and then realised later what a terrible mistake I had made, and having to cover up for an embarrassing situation. I am truly sorry that your medication has done this for you. :hug

Unfortunately, I don't have any fantastic ideas to offer you - perhaps you could tell people that you fell asleep at a new year's party, and somebody decided to shave your eyebrows as a practical joke?

Sincere best wishes to you. :)

·
Banned
5,393 Posts
i'd shave another area and just glue that hair over your eyes, and then in the future i would wax the edges, instead of going all steve-o.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Just say you lost a bet.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,371 Posts
luckily this is the perfect time of year for this sort of thing to happen (well it's never a good time, but you have some good excuses.) As other's have said you can put it down to a bet at new years, or some kind of drunken prank etc. When I was in highschool someone got drunk at a party and their friend shaved off one of their eyebrows so that sort of thing is not unheard of.

·
Registered
211 Posts
well i know you can get eyebrows surgically placed on...or you can go to an estitician and they can help you with it

·
SAS Member
939 Posts
I would draw/pencil them in for the time being. Do people even pay attention to eyebrows? Mine are uneven but I just make the best of it. They will grow back.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Draw them on & cover them up with bangs the best you can. If you need a cover story, just say they fell off when you tried dying them lighter/darker or you lost a bet or someone pranked you. Practice drawing them a lot beforehand, though, it's an art. I fill mine in everyday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In middle school, I felt really insecure about my eyebrows. I started to a good chunk of my right one.. about half of it in fact before I realized what I was doing. I came up with the idea to cover the corner of it with a small band-aid and told everyone that I rolled off my bed over night and hit my night stand. It actually worked and people believed me.. it grew back in a few weeks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Clinique Superfine liner for brows. 04 Black/Brown. I occasionaly overpluck! Biotin B6 caps are good for healthy hair too. :)

·
Out of here
1,680 Posts
Or try Googling "false eyebrows" to work out the the size, colour and style you prefer as an interim replacement....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts