Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TEAR DOWN THE WALL!
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody here completed an entire cycle of Shaun T's Insanity Workout? I started it about 2 weeks ago and I love it! I just finished my second Fit Test yesterday and my numbers improved drastically. Even before I took my second fit test I noticed that I felt stronger and could bang out more reps during each circuit. However, I'm pretty disappointed that I visually don't look any different. The number on the scale hasn't moved. My clothes don't feel any looser. I don't feel any firmer. I suppose I shouldn't expect so much after only 2 weeks, but it's still frustrating that I'm not seeing any aesthetic benefits after so much hard work. (Besides, the athletic benefits has far exceeded my expectations thus far.)

What has your experience with Insanity been like? When did you start seeing visual/athletic results?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ugh I'm jealous. I got into lifting for a few months and then I tried that out. Did the fit test and I was in pain for a couple days. Did the first workout and I was in pain for over a week. Probably didn't help that I had a physically demanding labor job.

It seems like aesthetics tend to take a bit more time to truly set in. When I started working out years ago I got real lean real quick and put a little definition in. After working out off and on I seem to be getting a bit more mass than I used to have. Granted I have a different physically demanding job which gives me some decent exercise throughout the day.

Keep some updates rolling so we can see how you do. As long as you are consistent and dedicated to the workout and how you eat, I'm sure the results will be awesome.

Also, have you tried the shakeology mix from beachbody? For what you get out of it it looks to be a rather good deal.

·
TEAR DOWN THE WALL!
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh I'm jealous. I got into lifting for a few months and then I tried that out. Did the fit test and I was in pain for a couple days. Did the first workout and I was in pain for over a week. Probably didn't help that I had a physically demanding labor job.

It seems like aesthetics tend to take a bit more time to truly set in. When I started working out years ago I got real lean real quick and put a little definition in. After working out off and on I seem to be getting a bit more mass than I used to have. Granted I have a different physically demanding job which gives me some decent exercise throughout the day.

Keep some updates rolling so we can see how you do. As long as you are consistent and dedicated to the workout and how you eat, I'm sure the results will be awesome.

Also, have you tried the shakeology mix from beachbody? For what you get out of it it looks to be a rather good deal.
I was pretty sore for the first week too. Now my body is getting used to it. I wake up feeling a little sore, but it quickly fades after getting up and moving around for a bit.

Out of frustration, I did a little research and saw that a lot of people didn't see any visual results until month 2. I hope I'm one of them. I'm half way through week 4 and I'm still not seeing results. Maybe my legs are a little more muscular, but I still have that obnoxious belly pooch.

Although I'm curious about shakeology, I'm not willing to pay the price. I just don't have that much faith in it.

If you're already very physically active through your job, you probably don't need an intense workout program like insanity. However, part of me really wants to encourage you to give it another shot. I think there's brainwashing subliminal messages throughout the videos or something. Even though I'm not losing weight yet, I want to indoctrinate everyone I can into Insanity. The performance benefits are that awesome! Or maybe I just want to share the punishing experience.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've completed it, it's brilliant, the first 4 weeks prepare your body for the second month because it's a lot more intense, I didn't see any results untill the second month but it's worth sticking at it

I'm starting insanity again round 2, also t25 with running and weights!

·
TEAR DOWN THE WALL!
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've completed it, it's brilliant, the first 4 weeks prepare your body for the second month because it's a lot more intense, I didn't see any results untill the second month but it's worth sticking at it

I'm starting insanity again round 2, also t25 with running and weights!
It's encouraging to hear that you didn't see results until the second month either. I just started the recovery week. I'm anticipating month 2 with both excitement and fear. Thank you so much for your response. Also, tell me what you think of t25 when you're done. I love Shaun T. He's hilarious. I don't even know if he intends on being funny.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lol you won't love him in the second month :no the first month he's all "you can do it dig deeper" the second month he pushes you HARD! Best one he says is "come on people this ain't a coffee break!"

Your right though he is brilliant and I do like him I was just abit taken back in the second month espically after the recovery week.

Looking forward to starting it all again on Monday, interesting to see how I do the in the first month and if it differs from first time round.

Stick at it though, it's defiantly worth the time and effort being put into it, and if some days you can't go as hard do abit extra the next day. All results vary depending on how you start but all results are noticeable.

Put it this way, I started off 16st, was completely unfit and couldn't even run across the road. I started on MyFitnessPal to get my eating under control, then started insanity. For the first 3 days I couldn't move after my workouts but stuck at it and glad I did. Now after finishing insanity I'm 11st 13lb, got some definition on my stomach and can run just over 3 miles non stop. I know that's not a lot but it's a massive improvement from not being able to run across the road.

Now my normal workout is : 100 sit ups to warm up, insanity work out, weights, 40-80 incline sit ups and a run every other day. I couldn't do any of this when I first started and it's all down to insanity. Do you do the meal plan too?

Thanks for reading its allways good to find another insanity nut ;) but stick at it! it does work and you'll be glad you did :clap

·
Banned
1,401 Posts
Good God, I love Shaun T. I'm restarting Insanity and T25 next week also. I've done quite a few rounds of Insanity; over a year's worth of rounds at least. I've only done one round of T25 and it's a lot of fun, although there are some dull and unchallenging workouts sprinkled in there.

·
TEAR DOWN THE WALL!
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol you won't love him in the second month :no the first month he's all "you can do it dig deeper" the second month he pushes you HARD! Best one he says is "come on people this ain't a coffee break!"

Your right though he is brilliant and I do like him I was just abit taken back in the second month espically after the recovery week.

Looking forward to starting it all again on Monday, interesting to see how I do the in the first month and if it differs from first time round.

Stick at it though, it's defiantly worth the time and effort being put into it, and if some days you can't go as hard do abit extra the next day. All results vary depending on how you start but all results are noticeable.

Put it this way, I started off 16st, was completely unfit and couldn't even run across the road. I started on MyFitnessPal to get my eating under control, then started insanity. For the first 3 days I couldn't move after my workouts but stuck at it and glad I did. Now after finishing insanity I'm 11st 13lb, got some definition on my stomach and can run just over 3 miles non stop. I know that's not a lot but it's a massive improvement from not being able to run across the road.

Now my normal workout is : 100 sit ups to warm up, insanity work out, weights, 40-80 incline sit ups and a run every other day. I couldn't do any of this when I first started and it's all down to insanity. Do you do the meal plan too?

Thanks for reading its allways good to find another insanity nut ;) but stick at it! it does work and you'll be glad you did :clap
Shaun T could push me as hard as he wants as long as he keeps feeding me those ridiculous one-liners. ("Don't have your legs too wide......JOSH.") Besides, anything would be a welcomed change after an entire week of Core Cardio and Balance. I just can't get into that workout.

Going back to month 1 after finishing month 2 must really be an ego-booster. I'm sure it feels wonderful to see how much stronger you are the second time around.

Congratulations on your weight loss and improved fitness. What you've achieved sounds super exciting! And damn are you ambitious! If I'm still feeling zealous after an Insanity workout, I might hop on the elliptical or toy with some Pilates videos off of youtube... but I don't do what you do. I really ought to add more resistance training. I'm too much of a cardio bunny.

To be honest, I didn't even look at the meal plan. My diet hasn't changed for better or worse during my experimentation with Insanity. I know I should clean up my diet because nutrition is such a huge part of fitness. But cheese. Nuff said.

Good God, I love Shaun T. I'm restarting Insanity and T25 next week also. I've done quite a few rounds of Insanity; over a year's worth of rounds at least. I've only done one round of T25 and it's a lot of fun, although there are some dull and unchallenging workouts sprinkled in there.
A year's worth of rounds!?! That's mad impressive. I'm not sure I'd want to do that though. I'm loving Insanity, but I feel like I'd get bored of it if I did it for a year straight. I have to mix it up. Maybe I'll go out and buy a pull-up bar so I can give P90X a try.

·
Banned
1,401 Posts
^Unfortunately, I have lost all my fitness since then. Thank you, depression! :( P90X is great too. I preferred Insanity mainly because my idea of a good time is jumping up and down, but Tony Horton is charming and the P90X workouts are fairly challenging.

If you don't want a pull up bar to **** up your wall, you can also buy a resistance band and hang it from a hook or something else high up. Alternating P90X and Insanity workouts is very effective, too. There's also Insanity Asylum and Insanity Asylum 2 which are similar to Insanity, but more about agility training. I don't really recommend those unless you have exceptional coordination or really like skipping because even if you've managed to master Insanity, you'll be falling flat on your face a few times in Asylum... maybe that's just me though. :um

Anyway, glad you're loving Insanity! Second month is the best. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts