Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just have to share the most frightening, anxiety-ridden day of my life. If there is a hell today was truly it.

1.) I froze during my math quiz and honestly blanked on all the material I had spent hours studying. I will be lucky if I passed the [email protected] thing after all that work.

2.) We have to give class presentations in my sociology class and I was randomly assigned to work with this horrible girl. She is so mean. She shot down every idea I had without providing any suggestions of her own. She is the last person I would have chosen to work with.

3.) My parents and I got into a HUGE ROARING fight about the classes I am taking. They think I should take more challenging classes and that I am an underachiever. I think I'm fine ... I can barely get by with what I'm taking anyway.

[email protected] it! [email protected] it! [email protected] it! I just burst out crying in my room. My head aches, my heart is pounding and it feels like I am having one MOTHERF*CKER of a panic attack.

SOMEONE PLEASE SHARE THEIR DAY FROM HELL, TOO!!!!!!!!! AM I ALONE OUT HERE??????

·
Registered
31 Posts
My "days from hell" are really whimpers since they pass by like nothing.

I'd say the day I had 3 exams in one day, two of which conflicted with each other. I came out on top but not after the torture I went through to get there.

If I have a day from hell, I'll post it here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Labor Economics class:

We're talking about gender differences with regards to employment. The professor talks about PSU in the 1950's and how there used to be a Department of Home Economics and that most of the women were in that department. Then he asked...

What do you think that department is called now?

Me: Women's Studies!

Embarassing? Yeah, considering that I didn't mean for it to be insulting. Got a laugh out of it.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
not too hellish

I'll talk about a day about 3 years ago.
I had a driver's lesson.
It was the first day I had ever driven.
My instructor was a large menacing woman.
She seemed profoundly dissappointed in me. She would sigh, and critisize and scold me for almost killing us.
I felt like crying really bad. Instead I just let my eyes well up with water and blushed. (yeah, much better than bursting into tears, at least then I could have ended my 2 hour lesson)
She called my mom afterward and said I was a bad, nervous driver.
My mom questioned me about it and I had to lie about how uspset I was and feign eagerness to go for another lesson soon.

·
Comfortably Numb
347 Posts
My day sucked as well. You're not alone.

I had to speak in front of about 40-50 students and introduce myself. I have no idea why teachers force you to do that crap.

Anyhow, you're not alone. Hope it gets better for you all!

·
Allons-y!
2,011 Posts
Any day we have to do class intros will be a bad day :um

One of my worst day in college so far was when I had to go in for advising to choose my classes for the next semester. Apparently some of my previous professors had put letters of concern into my record because I was quiet and looked depressed. The advisor kept grilling me on my mental state and asking me what was wrong with me. It was horrible. I just wanted to get out of there.
Another worst day involved another advisor. She mistook my SA for idiocy and treated me horribly. Being a psych professor you would think she would know better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, guys. The "day from hell has passed" with time and the help of your kind words.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts