Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Protector of the Den
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Share some of your goal setting tips!

My first tip: When you can, do more than what your goal originally called for. For example, if your goal called for saying "hi" to 10 stangers, say "hi" to an 11th or 12th stranger as well. I do this, because I find that I often rush through a goal. It becomes just a race to get it over with. Rushing to complete a goal, just so you can get out of the social situation, is not a good mindset to have while trying to overcome your sa. Also, when you accomplish more than what your goal originally called for, it gives you a greater level of satisfaction. Start out by setting goals that are easy to surpass.

Who's next? :)

· Protector of the Den
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AJ, great way to do your goals! Very Thorough. I've done something similar. I have messages posted on a few places around my room. They are related to a non SA goal though. Like, "I will be published!"

· Protector of the Den
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep a journal of productive things you do each day. I've been trying this lately. I write down each productive thing I do even if it isn't that great. I think this helps to encourage me to do something each day and it also a record of past days. I have trouble keeping a routine so it also allows me to do random things each day instead of a set goal(having trouble with lately).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.