Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Coping
932 Posts
I had that problem when I was on Remeron and anti-depressant drugs. For 6 years I had that problem, but it is ok now after I quit taking Remeron.

·
4 + 1 = MOO
1,410 Posts
Then I shall NEVER take meds. And to the OP, do you mean social anxiety or anxiety in general?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kill my libido is the anxiety. Anxiety of being with another person and not have a way of escape, I have to be myself... and myself has a big lack ot self confidence. When I'm with people in other situations, sometimes I don't feel good... but then it's like if I could put a mask on myself, and pretend to be self confident.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Yer paxil makes climaxing near impossible, not always ideal cuz the OP tends to think their at fault.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, everything works when I'm alone.

"I think you have to learn to loose yourself in the moment" <- yes, that's the key :p

What "OP" stands for?

Sorry seanybhoy, I cannot understand you message :|

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
meds aside, do you think anxiety can inhibite orgasm?? Because I've had trouble all my life... well I wouldn't really know, but all my life since I started masturbating lol, having orgasms. I know most women say that but I really have an extra hard time. Seriously. Maybe I should make a new post instead of replying to this one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haydsmom2007 apparently yes, in the case of women the anxiety inhibite the orgasm, and in the case of men, erection and/or orgasm.

The sexual performance anxiety happens when you are with another person, when you're on your own ... works perfect, and that means that you're completely healthy physicaly :D

http://www.healthvideo.com/article.php?id=367

It seems like the solution is to find an understanding partner that help you out ... but that is not so easy... specially if you are single lol

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Yeah, with my ex girlfriend, no problems with erection or stamina, but I mostly had problems with reaching an orgasm, which usually ended up in us going at it for about an hour and then giving up most of the time lol.
I wasn't on any medication at the time btw.

·
Banned
63 Posts
usually ended up in us going at it for about an hour and then giving up most of the time lol.
Exact same problem here. I wasn't on meds either. What really helped was talking it through with her (about the anxiety) and luckily enough I was with someone understanding enough to listen without judging me. Apparently she had thought the issue was her (so my problems were actually causing her mental distress) and so me telling her this was a load off her mind. It also took a lot of pressure out of the situation, and I ended up being able to climax without first going through an hour of sex! lol

Good luck to you.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
I can climax by myself, just not with partners :(

I've only climaxed once in outta i dunno how many times with other people.

Paxil has a positive influence in other areas of my life though, so i don't really see my situation changing soon unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts