Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Severe panic attacks

999 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  roses6 
#1 ·
I have been struggling with severe panic attacks recently, far worse than I have in the past.
I've always had social anxiety and depression, having this on top is making me very miserable. And I have no idea why it's become so bad either, I get extremely worked up over things and panic over small things.

Anyone got any suggestions? :(

#4 ·
Aww... I'm sorry, panic attacks suck! Do you have a therapist or doctor? If so, I would definitely talk to them about the panic attacks

Some ideas that help me.
. When you feel on the verge of one, sit on the floor with your head on your lap. Relax and practice breathing exercises.
.Call friends( unless of course calling people triggers your anxiety)
. It's helpful to write in a journal a little bit as much as I can several times a day, even if it's just a sentence. Sometimes if I don't stop and reflect throughout the day I can just stuff it inside and feel like I'm going to explode.
.having a stress or hand toy sometimes shifts my focus into another energy without hurting myself
http://www.wikihow.com/Calm-Yourself-During-an-Anxiety-Attack
Also this site is very helpful.

I hope you feel better!

#5 ·
Hi
Thanks for the advice.
I don't have a doctor no. I have been to one years ago for depression, it did not help.
I'll try out what you've advised. I do often write in a journal everything I'm going through, and I have a tendency to take it everywhere with me, because I'm scared someone else will read it.

#12 ·
I was feeling really sick and restless sometime back.
There are certain serious problems that I am facing in my life that cannot be resolved and things that I will just have to accept and I know that they are probably the primary reasons for causing the attacks and the racing heart, making me feel sick.
I don't know how to deal with this. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.