Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on sertraline for about 2 months now. It's definitely taken effect but I wonder what effects other people are getting.
I feel really relaxed but my brain feels slow. I feel like nothing bothers me now even though I know the anxiety is still there. It's almost like I can do or say anything without really thinking.
I don't have a problem with this really but I'd kind of like things to bother me when necessary. I just shrug off my anxieties now but they still constantly test me.
Am I maybe on too high of a dose (50mg). Or am I experiencing what I should be? Maybe I'm just expecting too much too quickly.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
50 mg is a lowish dose. I'm on 200 mg, which is the max recommended dose, although people have gone higher. You are feeling how I feel like, except now I've accommodated to it a little bit so I am still a little anxious sometimes.

I think once you have been on it awhile, it won't work as well and some anxiety may creep back in. You do have to watch yourself more when it is working well because you might not censor yourself and say something inappropriate.
Is it possible that it's not right for me? I'll stick it out but I'm just wondering if feeling too chilled when I know I'm not is worth it. Can't remember if it felt better to be anxious and with it. Hard to explain but you sound like you know what I'm in about.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You are on a pretty low dose for SA. I'd be surprised if it's really the drug making you feel that chilled out rather than a placebo effect. Then again it effects everyone different, I only saw changes once I got to 200mg and even then they were not as dramatic as you described.

If being too relaxed is a problem for you then yes, you should switch. If not then don't. You might want to give it a little time to level out before you decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts